• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by The-Real-Link

  1. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Hey guys. After another week or more of testing things, I feel I'll have to stick with sitting at 200 BCLK / 3.6Ghz (3.8Ghz with turbo on). I've been able to run at 210, even pass crazy Linpack CPU benchmarks at 210 but anything with graphics and I/O simply seems to lock the system, leading me...
  2. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Ok, updated a crap-ton of BIOS notes on my OCN thread. Basically, it was a re-attempt to play around at 210 BCLK. http://www.overclock.net/intel-build-logs/864314-melchior-project-sr-2-build-oc-8.html#post12074287 The strangest thing and what I think made me go from...
  3. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Well guys, spent a few more hours testing and behold! I'm not 100% stable but I did pass a few basic tests so once I can make sure games and stuff actually let me play them fine, I'll probably do a longer endurance test of some sort...
  4. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Hey Musky and Nimby, thanks for the replies. Yeah right now the RAM is still at 2:8. Again I think the biggest thing was the Uncore had not adjusted on auto but on the 12x setting it's working for me at the moment. Ah whoops, guess I meant the slower 2:6 RAM setting then, my bad...
  5. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Hey guys, nearing that awesome 4.0 speed - running into a couple hitches though. Figured as this is an SR-2 thread that maybe I could get an idea from someone as to what's up? Permalink to my build log on OCN is below and explains all my settings so far. Currently at 200 BCLK @ 3.80ghz...
  6. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    I'll take a look at that link, thanks Zero. Yeah I'm feeling the same way in a sense - I don't mind trying to tweak the system but if it gets to where push is more akin to shove and nothing remains stable, then I'll gladly revert to a great usable setting. This 197 BCLK is working just fine :)
  7. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    (Crossposted from EVGA's forums): OC'ing is going pretty well and I've been stable without a hitch up to 197 BCLK! I tried moving to 211 (for a turbo of 4ghz even) and then really hit a wall all at once. I had it boot into Windows once, sound played but was distorted. I restarted but...
  8. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Hey Sazan, thanks for the input on that. Yeah I'll just have to load it up and see - the auto-trip sensor should beep and shutdown at any rate (of course since it's there in the first place). I was just trying to figure if I'd hit that limit at 1000w from wall or more like 1,300. Guses I can...
  9. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Got a few things to take care of over the weekend so will probably leave the system @ 3.75 for a few days to ensure all is well. Had another question or two though... 1. I know I've gone over this with other forums before and it seems so simple yet I'm still confused and want to be sure...
  10. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    One more question please - I am wondering how far I can push with just the 8-pin power connectors on the board. While at stock clocks, I'm idling at 300w and with CPUs loaded, I'm at 380 so 40 watts each. Of course the thing I'm wondering though is how much additional power are they using even...
  11. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Up to 3.75 now! Tests repeated as successfully and flawlessly as before as if this is barely breaking a sweat. I know I'm not doing say, 20+ runs of IBT on Max but at least this is a quick way for me to test stability and allows me to safely know I can test out programs for my graph stats...
  12. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    MIBW - Cool stuff. Yeah I'm starting to contemplate the same thing - ie. use the SR2 system to start a company and have the business fund itself. Still working out the details though. Wow at that bench. For some reason the track "Devil's Lab" from FFVI / FFIII comes to mind looking at...
  13. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Haha that's good to know XD. Woot finished my first BigWU - stable all the way through in one go. Thanks for the timings suggestion - I'll experiment more once I push onward. Hmm next project up for my SMP is a 2684 - I think that's another big one ;) Awesome.
  14. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Flecom, I can't blame you for being upset with EVGA for the SR-2 crashing but there can be many factors causing a BSOD. Are you overclocking? Did you install the latest BIOS? Did you up your voltages or change any BIOS settings? Have the latest drivers from EVGA and other manufacturers for...
  15. T

    SR-2 Optimization Thread

    Hey Musky, thanks very much for that detailed reply. I was thinking I'd try to first get to say, 200 BCLK then try lowering my voltages and see if I can run less through them (looking for longevity here too) :) The particular RAM I put in is Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600, 8-8-8-24. I don't know...
Back
Top