Recent content by The Dead Herring

  1. T

    Spraying a Stencil Design

    Yo, I have a specific question regarding my first case mod a custom paint job and window on my Antec 300. I thought I may as well ask the experts :D I plan to spray the interior, front bezel, and panels of my Antec 300 with a strong Red and White color scheme inspired by the fantastic...
  2. T

    16:9 - The future format for monitors?

    In 10 years? By that time I doubt we will be even using screens of a standard size or format to interact with computers, it will probably be holographically projected. I expect 16:9 will become the norm before this technology is available though.
  3. T

    BenQ E2200HDA Full HD 16:9

    I really like the design of these displays, a TN doesn't bother me, everything else is either too laggy or above my budget. Are these models coming to the UK?
  4. T

    Input Lag Simulation

    I didn't even know what Input Lag was until I bought the 2408, that's called learning the hard way...
  5. T

    Input Lag Simulation

    That's very useful Silverglider, certainly a basis for something more advanced. Firstly, standard flash lag may be adding a small amount of the lag to the mouse movement. Secondly, it assumes you are working on a zero lagging display for it to work. I was thinking something that perhaps...
  6. T

    Input Lag Simulation

    Congratulations on totally missing the entire point of the post. My idea would allow people to see how much input lag they can cope with...
  7. T

    Input Lag Simulation

    Input Lag is a greatly discussed thing on these forums, and no doubt on many others like it. Some people seem to be totally insensitive to it, unable to detect even the slightest latency when using for example, the Dell 2408WFP, one of the highest lagging monitors in existence. On the...
  8. T

    Is burn-in definitive?

    You could try leaving the display on a blank white screen instead of just turning it off, perhaps removing the power from the display simply causes all the pixels on the screen to return to their 'default' position, whilst disabling the back light. If the display is left on but on a white...
  9. T

    2408WFP Input Lag?

    Win
  10. T

    2408WFP Input Lag?

    I purchased one of these thinking I would be able to put up with it, I couldn't... The input lag is so bad, even the mouse pointer is difficult to move accurately. It makes everything you do on your PC feel sluggish and unresponsive. I'll let more knowledgable forum members reccommend...
  11. T

    BenQ V2400W or Dell 2408? I've read and read -- help tip me one way or another.

    Personally, I believe the ridiculously high level of input lag on the 2408WFP makes it totally useless for anything involving interactivity. It's not just in games either, any movement of the pointer is visibly sluggish, making everything you do on your PC difficult and unpleasant. I had...
  12. T

    BenQ V2400W LCD Monitor

    Well It's not technically 'full' 5.1 surround, as you are taking a signal from the 3.5mm headphone jack, which is only providing 2 channels of sound. So for example, in a video game something approaching from the front right will play equally in the rear and front right speakers. Although all...
  13. T

    Best monitor for less than £400

    Let's just hope that connectivity isn't the only update, if they decide to upgrade the display too, it will most likely change the input lag times, for better or for worse...
  14. T

    Best monitor for less than £400

    Actually, according the reviews on TFT central, the 24" Hazro panel has an input lag of roughly 40ms. It is the larger 26" model which only has 16ms. 40ms brings it disturbingly close to the Dell 2408WFP, which I found totally unbearable. I do hope they fix this issue in the next...
  15. T

    Best monitor for less than £400

    Yes, these Hazros are looking very suitable for me as well, especially now I have learned that the input lag is much lower than a Dell 2408WFP. I genuinely like the design on them too. Aside from adding an HDMI port, do you have any info on what other functionality Hazro are planning on...
Back
Top