• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by TazmanianD

  1. T

    ViewSonic 27" 2560x1440 165hz IPS

    I didn't take a picture, but it does change based on the viewing angle or if I move further away so I guess it's not BLB. I went ahead and ordered the Asus from Amazon. The IPS glow was considerably less on that one and no real BLB. It did also have a slight washed-out feeling to it but tweaking...
  2. T

    ViewSonic 27" 2560x1440 165hz IPS

    I took a bunch of pictures with a real camera with a bunch of different settings until I got something that I feel somewhat accurately portrays my perception and this was the best. I took some pictures of the White screen but the darkness on the edge really doesn't show up there. As you can see...
  3. T

    ViewSonic 27" 2560x1440 165hz IPS

    So I got my XG2703-GS last night and I'm afraid I'm not too terribly happy with it. At first I thought I got lucky and there was no BLB at all but then I decided that maybe I had really bad BLB. The whole bottom right corner of my screen is significantly brighter than the rest of the screen but...
  4. T

    ViewSonic 27" 2560x1440 165hz IPS

    To what are you referring? Removed from where? Edit: Oh, I see, ViewSonic removed references to the free-sync version from their site.
  5. T

    ViewSonic 27" 2560x1440 165hz IPS

    Yeah. I've been waiting quite a while for both this monitor and the Nvidia Pascal cards. Now that I have the new Titan X, my patience is running out and I'm starting to think about just getting the Acer or the Asus.
  6. T

    ViewSonic 27" 2560x1440 165hz IPS

    Bah! The counter has now disappeared and now it just says "Coming Soon". I've been lurking on the PG279Q and XB271HU threads and haven't been quite willing to pull the trigger on either of those and was hoping this might be a great third option. That and I figured I could be patient for the GTX...
  7. T

    ViewSonic 27" 2560x1440 165hz IPS

    Ooooooo, I just noticed this. I'm interested but 3 more months :-(. I wonder how close this will end up being to the Nvidia Pascal release. I've really been holding out for over a year now waiting for the next gen video card and a monitor to go with it. I found one website that put the price tag...
  8. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    I'm afraid I have to join the minority that doesn't like this monitor. I bought one last night and I was disappointed. I've never used a TN monitor before and have been using an ISP monitor for years now. I've read the various comments on this thread and thought I was prepared. The biggest...
  9. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    I just bought one from my local Fry's here in Austin, TX. They had 4 in stock so there are a few more left. I didn't ask the guy how long he'd had them but he didn't seem to think they were having trouble keeping them in stock.
  10. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    You know, this helps me a lot. I've been following this thread for a long time and keep going back and forth on whether or not to get this. I've been dying for a higher resolution monitor and a video card to go with it and both are basically here. I was a long time hold-out with my CRT because I...
  11. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    I prefer to play games in total darkness. Would this be something I should worry about with this monitor?
  12. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    Yeah, I've got the same thinking. I've basically been waiting for this monitor and a card better than the GTX 780 Ti (3gb). There were rumors of a 6gb version but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. If the GTX 880 isn't too far away, maybe a second 1440p competitor to this monitor will...
  13. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    I came across a German article on G-sync and Adaptive-sync and was surprised to find a note from Asus...
  14. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    I didn't abandon my CRT until 2011. I just couldn't give up the deep black levels but eventually the increased size and resolution were just too much to live without. Still no good monitors for black levels.
  15. T

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    You say that like there's something wrong with that opinion. Glare is pretty much the distinction between gloss and matte and if you don't like glare and can't avoid it, you're not going to like gloss.
Back
Top