Recent content by TatorTot

  1. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    Not total sure on this but because my first hookup was dvi to hdmi monitor did not recognise the hdmi but a device that is hdmi to hdmi should get you this setting. So not a second hdmi but a hdmi to hdmi should get the special menue.
  2. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    A workaround was giving in previos post. Quote: Originally Posted by djb703 it is under the Image Settings menu. Mine was greyed out except for sharpness with my 6600GT if i recall correctly, but the mode select wasn't their like wasn't even their greyed out on the 6600GT. What i...
  3. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    20 and 5/16. From desktop to the top.
  4. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    I am glad that DJB and I were able to fix this and help others on this.
  5. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    Thanks DJB fo putting me in the right direction. I have solved the Standby mode thanks to you. Ok first I have PC with dvi to hdmi and no standby when computer shuts down. So I hooked up my PS3 to HDMI2. Started a movie. Guess what thw HDMI mode showed up so I select PC mode. Turned off the PS3...
  6. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    I have the same problem. In the manual it shows different menus. It shows the option for pc or video. I know use the dvi to hdmi now. I wonder if I hook up my playstation3 will I get that option?
  7. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    I think sometimes you have to be careful and judge what you see in stores because any idiot can come along and play with the settings. We assume that the screen you see is at its best.
  8. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    Here is a freeware to test for dead pixels for the three colors. Also it has an pixel exerciser that Might bring back a dead pixel. http://www.dataproductservices.com/dpt
  9. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    Yes Elvn I have tried the monitor driver from site. Glad yours go to sleep when you use hdmi/dvi and shut down computer. I wonder if there is anything in your monitor setting that fixes this. You are the only one I have read that it works beside the vga connection.
  10. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    I changed my computer settings to put it to sleep. Computer went to sleep but monitor still had the no video input display. So monitor did not sleep. This is the HDMI input.
  11. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    Elvn Some of us like to turn our computers off. My other monitor would sleep auto. Now I have to remember to turn my monitor off when I shut computer down. According to the manual: This monitor meets the Green monitor standards as set by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA)...
  12. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    Yes Biggrich let us know. If it works ill go out and get one too.
  13. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    Yes VGA is analog and DVI is digital. HDMI is DVI with sound. At 1920x1200 I see little diference could post Screenshots of game and desktop. My Video card is a EVGA 7950. Now My VGA is a DVI from Computer to VGA. Otherwords DVI convert to VGA. That could explain little difference or I do not...
  14. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    According to the manual: This monitor meets the Green monitor standards as set by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) and/or the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and The Swedish Confederation Employees (NUTEK). This feature is designed to conserve electrical...
  15. T

    Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

    I do not see any difference in the two on desktop or in game. COD4 I have 1920x1200 and settings maxed out and just dont see a difference. Now in Blueray I am sure there will be a difference. Most computer setups use the VGA or DVI. Also it is not waking up is the problem it is monitor going...
Back
Top