• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Tamlin_WSGF

  1. T

    Valve Steam Machine, SteamOS Desktop, Steam Frame VR and Steam Controller

    Lots of truth in that. Console makers sell subsidized hardware to lock in gamers into their ecosystem, with incentives like exclusive games, comfort and accessories. PC makes sells hardware for personal computing. Valve have the opposite approach, where they give away their software for free...
  2. T

    Valve Steam Machine, SteamOS Desktop, Steam Frame VR and Steam Controller

    Its a bit hard to get into an argument if you can build yourself, since I prefer that myself. But, I can comment on your components selection. Most of it is fine. Case is not my taste in design, but thats subjective. Not the worst I have seen, but looks cheap (its also cheap, so its that). For...
  3. T

    Valve Steam Machine, SteamOS Desktop, Steam Frame VR and Steam Controller

    You are an experienced builder, so if you read what you wrote I am sure you agree that you cannot build them as big and as small as you want. You can build big and small PCs, but there are always sacrifices that needs to be made: Power Performance Thermals Noise levels Size Budget Parts...
  4. T

    Valve Steam Machine, SteamOS Desktop, Steam Frame VR and Steam Controller

    Many have their living room in a certain style. Some even hide all types of cables. A PC case can often stand out and break with the rest of the decoration in the living room as something that does not belong there. As mentioned, in my living room, I use a Fractal Design North XL and it fits in...
  5. T

    Valve Steam Machine, SteamOS Desktop, Steam Frame VR and Steam Controller

    Valve wins in either case, if you build yourself and install SteamOS, Bazzite, CachyOS or any distro that can boot into Steam or buy the Steam Machine. :) This guy gets it though. Reviewers are correct its underpowered compared to X and Y, price to performance and such. Same as many in this...
  6. T

    Alienware AW3926QW Glossy 39" 5K2K 165Hz w/ RGB Stripe

    Thats true. Peak brightness is measured in only small portions of the screen. That kind of brightness in full screen would destroy the eyes physically over time. :P Reddit have a lot of people who have heard many things, but does not know what it means. Getting high peaks on an OLED is part of...
  7. T

    Alienware AW3926QW Glossy 39" 5K2K 165Hz w/ RGB Stripe

    Yes and no. Its complicated. It depends on the panel type and how serious you are about picture quality. If you are serious about picture quality, you are already in a lightning controlled environment (not talking about a dark cave, but bias lightning, controlled lightning in the room...
  8. T

    Biggest QOL in a long time - KWM+PD+USB-C

    I know how you feel. I have many phones too. This setup makes it so much easier. Connect phone via USB-C, no need to power on PC, get full access to headset with microphone, keyboard and mouse while the monitor charges the phone for you! You can then remote from the phone into another PC if you...
  9. T

    Biggest QOL in a long time - KWM+PD+USB-C

    I recently bought a MSI 341CQPX QD-OLED screen that had all the specs I needed for my setup. As an added bonus, this monitor also had a KVM switch, which at the time I only considered a bonus. But, it turned out to be one of the largest Quality of life improvements I had in a long time when it...
  10. T

    all in on Linux as my main OS

    I think you got my post wrong and Nobu got it corret. I was talking about Linux puts up a lot of roadblocks against datacollection (and yes, its possible to put up even more). Permissions, containers, sandboxing prevents in my larger degrees systemwide datacollection. On Bazzite the preferred...
  11. T

    all in on Linux as my main OS

    Very good news! Having good SteamOS support on Nvidia too is very important to get an install base big enough for developers to target SteamOS.
  12. T

    all in on Linux as my main OS

    Data collection is only going to get worse. Windows is a cesspool for telemetry, data mining and user profiling. The good, old, Windows 7 days are gone from Microsoft and now an installation of Windows asks you if you want your ads to be targeted personally or generic (and by personally they...
  13. T

    all in on Linux as my main OS

    Welcome out of maintainance hell and back to owning your own computer again! :P There are sacrificed to be made using Linux, but there are sacrifices made to use Windows and Mac too. Windows is the best all-around for hardware and software support. Mac has a good, but closed ecosystem. Good...
  14. T

    Crimson Desert

    From the beginning in my case, but that was because of my expectations. :) I chose to play this game in front of a TV, on a "steam machine" with Bazzite and 8bitdo Ultimate 2 controller (Xbox style) and use wireless headset for full immersion. This is not a game IMHO you play to finish the...
  15. T

    Crimson Desert

    LOL! How true! Crimson desert is a game of constantly discovering new things. Best game I have played in a very long time. Damaging to things I should have done in real life, because its hard to quit playing. I have full time job and a life, but still clocked in about 86 hours in this game already.
Back
Top