Recent content by takethesewords

  1. T

    Trick to overclocking 2500k with Asus P8P67?

    Just got done OCing via Asus auto tuner. i chose the "extreme" option and ended up with 4.327Ghz under load. CPU temp up to 46 C and vcore 1.28. Idle vcore@ .99 - 1.11 idle with CPU 1.6Ghz and 26 C. we will see about stability after i throw prime95 at it.
  2. T

    Asus P8P67Pro Sandy Bridge Nightmare: 10% post rate. Help please!

    I kept it at normal tonight as I haven't gotten my new case yet. I ran a few left 4 dead 2 versus matches without any problems. but after watching the following video, i'm probably going to try the performance setting and mess around with asus' windows tools to OC this bad boy...
  3. T

    Asus P8P67Pro Sandy Bridge Nightmare: 10% post rate. Help please!

    I have the exact same setup (RAM/CPU/Mobo) and its been running like a champ for a few hours. I'll keep ya posted. Haven't updated the BIOS.
  4. T

    Trick to overclocking 2500k with Asus P8P67?

    i just got my same setup installed. i will be messing with OCing once my new case comes in, hopefully this weekend. my eye will be on this thread in the mean time....
  5. T

    Newegg And Sandybridge

    I placed my system order @ 1:30 AM EST Sunday morning. All parts but the case shipped from NJ to Northern KY yesterday morning (that's when I received the tracking email). They're in Lexington, KY right now and are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. My case is shipping out of Memphis but I...
  6. T

    Sandy Bridge adopters -- post your new build.

    1 x Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K 1 x ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Intel Motherboard 1 x Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive...
  7. T

    Wiggle USB = Crash

    I had a similar problem years ago that I resolved by reseating the motherboard and front panel connectors (it was my front panel USB that was the problem). I would definitely try Jesta's suggestion of narrowing it down to which USB ports cause the problem. If you have another PC, you can...
  8. T

    Post Your Sandy Bridge Build

    from TR comparison @ http://techreport.com/articles.x/20190/15 For just $10 more than the GD65, you should be able to pick up Asus' P8P67 PRO. Totally worth it. Asus ticks all the right boxes on the peripherals front and even adds a few extras like built-in Bluetooth and a third PCI Express...
  9. T

    Post Your Sandy Bridge Build

    bought last night, minus the BlackWidow keyboard. couldn't justify the money on a peripheral...yet. also, i stayed with the spinpoint instead of WD caviar black. $20 premium for SATA III wasn't worth it, considering the SSD primary drive. I also went with the ASUS P8P67 PRO after reading...
  10. T

    Post Your Sandy Bridge Build

    CPU: i5-2500k MOBO: No idea yet Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus $30 RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) $90 HD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s $70 SSD: Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III $245...
  11. T

    FS: 360 Games & Plantronics Discovery 640 (BT Headset)

    you can PM me with offers. i am willing to listen but if they are lowball, i'd rather just trade them in at gamestop.
  12. T

    FS: 360 Games & Plantronics Discovery 640 (BT Headset)

    Selling some 360 games and a bluetooth headset I've used maybe 5 total times (I just don't talk on the phone enough). I accept paypal as payment. All games are in great condition and come in original case with manual. Can supply pictures upon request. Prices do NOT include S/H...
Back
Top