I think that is more than sufficient since my ultimate bottleneck is really 1000mbps ethernet. I doubt that it even slow down WHS drive extender rebalancing. It seems it is faster than even having SATA drives connected to individual SATA ports.
EDIT: Now I get what you're saying. My whole array...
So I take it that the reported SATA and SAS rates are given in half duplex? I plan on using a SAS2 card so I can expect 2400MBps half duplex and 4800MBps full duplex.
So I guess then that one multilane connector can easily drive 20-24 regular SATA mechanical drives at their full speed...
Just wondering if there's a decimal point off in this:
Q: How many cables do I need to connect the HP SAS expander to my RAID or HBA card?
A: You only need 1, at 2.4Gbps it's enough bandwidth for all your drives, however 2 cables provide a 4.8Gbps interlink. In benchmark tests I didn't see...
Prolimatech sorted out the VRM issue:
http://www.prolimatech.com/products/vga_cooler/mk-13.html
Watch the installation video. I don't know how effective that heatsink is but I think it should be fine.
This is an awesome thread. This is just what I was looking for. My plan is not to caseless but rather to make an Ikea cabinet my case.
So with some of the ideas I got from this thread I know I am going with Top Deck Standard size inside this here cabinet...
Did you read the study that Google did on the reliability of HDDs and temperature? It's funny but they reported the lowest failure rate with drives operating in 40s. Google it. If anyone should have a decent sample size of HDDs it would be Google. Unexpected result, but now I put my Home Server...
I'm sure you've heard of grade inflation. Similarly there is spec inflation.
Do you understand what 10dB is? What it would sound like? I bet in our whole lives we have not experienced 10dB. Unless of course you have traveled to outer space. That or visited an anechoic chamber.
Noctua is the...
I'm going to paint over it. That thing is ugly as sin. On the silver it doesn't show very much. If these people are going to design a nice case maybe they should first design a decent logo and learn how to make it smaller and unobtrusive. Otherwise I like the case's understated looks.
Well I have 4.11 with just brain dead BCLK increase and RAM to 1.62 and multiplier such that the RAM does not exceed 1600MHz. That's it. Everything else is auto.
I wouldn't mind them in Thinkpads, but the thing I wonder about is whether they are as power efficient as the Pentium-M. On the desktop I would never use Intel, but their mobile processors are said to be the best. I can get 6 hours of battery life on my Thinkpad and I hope it stays that way with...
I had a 9700pro in a P4 1700MHz with only 256 RDRAM and it made a huge difference from the ti4200 I was coming from. Of course I wasn't playing today's recent games though but games from a year or two ago and it did well.
Also, I'd imagine it depends on how you run your games. I'll bet that...
Yeah this is how I see it too. Everyone keeps talking about how current games can't take advantage of modern hardware and about how our hardware is so good, but I fail to see what they are talking about. In your experience you are having trouble with 1680x1050; what about people running...