Recent content by sx58h7

  1. S

    Shuttle sx58h7 is way too slow, why...

    Well guys, tonight I ran Windows 7/64 on this puppy just as a test, and the numbers looked much better: The overall score was about 1400 ( was 757 with xp32) CPU score was 4980 (was 1241 with xp32) So the OS DOES make a big difference. Pity, because I hate Vista, and I think I hate Windows7...
  2. S

    Shuttle sx58h7 is way too slow, why...

    No its not the temp, I have CoreTemp running and it shows about 55degC on all 8 cores, also the exhaust air is 'cool'. I'm downloading Windows7 just to test
  3. S

    X58 Shuttle - SX58H7 First Impressions!

    dworley, Can you comment on my findings here: <http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1452535>
  4. S

    Shuttle sx58h7 is way too slow, why...

    Yes, I think there must be some other reason. The 'official' i7 950 score is 6279 <http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7+950+%40+3.07GHz> which is FAR away from the 1241 that I got. The 'official' AMD score is 545...
  5. S

    Shuttle sx58h7 is way too slow, why...

    Hi, Just assembled my new Shuttle sx58h7 with an i7 950 @ 3.06G thinking this should be a really fast machine (I need only processing power, disk, graphics are not important)... but I got very dissapointed! Its only marginaly faster than my old machines, see passmark results from all 3 (all...
Back
Top