• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Sung

  1. S

    TCL 49s405 mini-review: A budget 48.5" 4k TV with great color, but unsuitable as PC monitor

    I just ran this on my 43: http://lcdtech.info/en/tests/color-shift.htm Sure enough, the color shift is very obvious. Just ran it on my 49. This is my living room tv connected to an HTPC. The color shift exists here, too, but to a lesser degree. So I don't think this is an IPS, but it does seem...
  2. S

    TCL 49s405 mini-review: A budget 48.5" 4k TV with great color, but unsuitable as PC monitor

    Guess what -- turns out there are different versions of the 49.5". The one that had the crosshatching issue was an Amazon one that came in a brown box. The one I got from Target was a retail white box and it does not have the crosshatching issue. It has the exact same picture as the 43". So...
  3. S

    TCL 49s405 mini-review: A budget 48.5" 4k TV with great color, but unsuitable as PC monitor

    Now five months later...I went through this exact issue. Bought the 49.5" and it absolutely has the crosshatching effect. It's all still legible, but there's absolutely something wrong. So I got the 43" and voila, no crosshatching. The 43" is the one to get if you want to turn a TCL into a...
Back
Top