Do you have any access to working with plastics? I strongly favor front vented cases, and you can do some clever tricks to make it look awesome and not just like a sheet of metal with punched holes. We have Dell Precisions at work and they have a very nice front panel IMO, handle and grill both...
Necere, maybee this has been mentioned already, but what is the reason that you are scrapping cable management features behind MB? I think that is a deal breaker for many even if the gain might be a liter or two.
Cooler Master is entering this space with what I suppose is a 1c design - the Mastercase 3. It doesn't look like a 30L case however. Judging from its siblings the Mastercase 5 and Mastercase 7 it is going to have a top radiator spot. It is maybee not a direct competitor to the compact 1c design...
Necere, thanks for the files.
I thought you guys might want to check out Corsairs new clean case designs because it is related to what we are talking about. It is basically a 1c design for ATX. Still that Corsair is moving in our direction in terms of the lack of 5.25 inch slots and the clear...
I agree about the awkwardness.
I have wanted to ask you, are those images created in AutoCad? I have Maya experience and woould like to play around with designing the case. Any chance I could get the guts of a case to play with (i.e. MB, GPU, fans etc) in .obj or something like that?
I really like the the rotated design for a roomy uATX case, it is a very good candidate design IMO. I doubt it really makes a big difference for air-cooling performance (even if Silverstone claims it does). The chimney effect is very minimal in such a short chimney.It does have some very...
I think you are right that there are two distinct cases that needs to be created with two different use cases (cooling/compability vs mobility). Maybee an interesting challenge then is to find a design language that can be used across all your cases, i.e. common front panel look, similar vent...
When I read this I had to loudly let go of a "FINALLY!". Honestly I have never seen this from any case manufacturer and have been requesting this line of through since forever! I made a post about it on silentpcreview in 2009 and have been keeping an eye on every uATX case made before and after...