• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by SumitB

  1. S

    Are 3TB drives worth it?

    In my opinion, its always better to double your hard drives storage capacity as a balance. I would go from 500GB to 1TB to 2TB to 4TB rather than making the jump from 2TB to 3TB. Makes economical sense as well. However, if I were to go to 3TB, I would wait for the prices to stabilize and become...
  2. S

    An Indian's attempt to get a Real Storage Server! Need help & recommendations.

    So redundancy for power supplies is out too. Yes, I don't mind learning a bit so will look into linux. I did linux about 8 years back but now my work does not require me to know or work on linux but I can always learn a few tricks. Which linux would I need to do what I need to be done? I will...
  3. S

    An Indian's attempt to get a Real Storage Server! Need help & recommendations.

    Thank you ghost6303. So a SSD would not be giving me any performance benefits, so its out. Now coming to the choice of OS. I am inclined towards Windows Server 2008 but I wanted to know if this option will allow me to put those drives which are not in use to sleep so as to save power and extend...
  4. S

    An Indian's attempt to get a Real Storage Server! Need help & recommendations.

    Thank you Danny Bui for the prompt response. Appreciated. No, newegg does not ship to India but we are lucky to have a service from ICCWorld which purchases on our behalf from US sites and ship it to us in India for a commission. They take care of customs clearance and are safe as per a few...
  5. S

    An Indian's attempt to get a Real Storage Server! Need help & recommendations.

    Hello All, I have been a keen follower on Hard Forums for quite sometime now. Have always been amazed at what some of the members here achieve and have always felt sorry for myself as the components used by a few members to build servers storing huge amounts of data is not available to us in...
Back
Top