A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Yeah, just realized I wasted $10 :(
It was my mistake, I downloaded the wrong drivers (for Win7 ONLY) off the AMD site, and the drivers from my CD work for Vista. I'm good to go now.
I'm pretty sure that's what I did, though I may have missed a step or two.
Strange thing is no errors at all when installing.
But ah, in Device Manager there is a yellow exclamation mark under "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".
I just got a Sapphire 7970 and am having a torrid time getting the drivers to install.
I used Driver Cleaner to clean out any Nvidia stuff... downloaded these drivers and rebooted many times, but in the display properties it's still messed up:
Hey, thanks for that link. I flashed the bios and will see how it fares. Strangely, EasyBoost now reports I have F32 but their website says only F31 is available.
Edit, not sure if it's too early but I played a few hours tonight and no freezing! Could be a combination of the WHQL drivers +...
oops, too late! I actually didn't use the rollback feature built in to Windows. I simply installed on top of the 290 drivers without uninstalling... if it still freezes, I'll do a complete uninstall / reinstall and see if that helps.
The GPU is factory overclocked to 900, but I needed to increase its voltage to 1.015 to get it to run at this speed. I've dialed it back down to 850 though and BF3 still freezes occasionally with my CPU overclocked.
According to...
Hi all,
I have this rig:
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz (1.3v) with a CM 212 Evo ,
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 1.5v 2x4GB ,
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 rev1.3 ,
Gigabyte 560Ti OC ,
Intel 120GB SSD ,
Seagate 640GB ,
Corsair VX550W
It can pass IBT and Prime 95, but I would get frequent freezing in...