• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by stuyguy

  1. S

    ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

    (Cross posted from PSU forum) Hi, My system has been stable for over a year now but I haven't done much serious 3D gaming on it until recently. Whenever I run a game that uses the GPU for more than ~20 minutes, my machine reboots and I see the following message in POST: "Power supply...
  2. S

    Reboots from Asus Anti-Surge

    Thanks mate!
  3. S

    Reboots from Asus Anti-Surge

    Hi, My system has been stable for over a year now but I haven't done much serious 3D gaming on it until recently. Whenever I run a game that uses the GPU for more than ~20 minutes, my machine reboots and I see the following message in POST: "Power supply surges detected during the previous...
  4. S

    Trouble with Intel Rapid Storage Technology on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

    Science FTW! Swapped in a different power supply (Enermax 625W this time) and FurMark has been going strong for 38 minutes now maxed out. My GPU (560 Ti) holding steady at 80 C.
  5. S

    Trouble with Intel Rapid Storage Technology on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

    Ok, it's not the GPU. I just swapped in a known working GeForce 480 GTX (from another computer that's been stable for over a year). Same symptoms: under graphics load (3DMark 11 or FurMark), the machine reboots itself. The only things I can think of are power supply and motherboard.
  6. S

    Trouble with Intel Rapid Storage Technology on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

    I think I've narrowed the problem down to my GPU. How you ask? Science! Step 0: I left the BIOS in RAID mode, but deleted all the RAID volumes. 1x500GB + 5x3TB disks. 20 minutes into Sins of a Solar Empire, machine reboots. Hmm, maybe it's the RAID controller. Step 1: Leave the BIOS in...
  7. S

    Trouble with Intel Rapid Storage Technology on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

    I just ran Memtest86+ v4.20, with all the hard disks removed, on each of my sticks individually (stick 0 in DRAM slot 0, stick 1 in DRAM slot 1, ...) and also all together. They all passed two rounds of tests, so I declare them "good". I think next test is going to be run with just one known...
  8. S

    Trouble with Intel Rapid Storage Technology on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

    Hi, I just built a new rig and am having some weird issues running RAID-5 on IRST. The stats are: CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro BIOS Version: 0501 (latest, came with the board) RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR1333 F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (4x4GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX...
Back
Top