Recent content by strwrsxprt

  1. S

    Asrock z77 itx is out

    3 pin, which confused me because there's no option in the BIOS to choose between the two. I'm not having any issues controlling the 3 pin chassis fan. :(
  2. S

    Asrock z77 itx is out

    Is CPU fun speed stuck at 100% for anyone else? Case fan control works but regardless of BIOS or SpeedFan settings, I can't get the CPU fan to calm down. Temperatures are great so it's not that.
  3. S

    Good air cooler that work with the ASRock Z77E-ITX?

    I just squeezed a Thermalright AXP-140 onto this board this morning. It's a pretty tight fit, but it should work pretty darn well.
  4. S

    Asrock z77 itx is out

    I was able to squeeze an AXP-140 onto this board without too much trouble. It was definitely more difficult than the ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe I had before, but with a bit of patience I got everything in my SG-07. I'm looking forward to overclocking my 2600k tonight.
  5. S

    Aftermarket Coolers on the GTX680

    I just realized the SC Signature has it already. Oops!
  6. S

    Aftermarket Coolers on the GTX680

    Is the EVGA high flow bracket worth snagging for 10 bucks + shipping? I just noticed that they're back in stock at EVGA.
  7. S

    GTX 680 In Stock Thread

    Yup, they're all gone now.
  8. S

    GTX 680 In Stock Thread

    Thanks for the heads up. I snagged one. What's the backplate that they seem to charge ~$15 for? edit: Nevermind, I assume it's this thing: Assuming it adds some thickness to the back of the card, I can't use that anyway. It's already tight in my SG-07 mini-ITX box :)
  9. S

    GTX 680 In Stock Thread

    1-3 weeks to ship it though. I'll hold out for Newegg or Amazon.
  10. S

    7970 Power Draw

    According to my Kill-A-Watt, my system (just the computer) pulls ~80W idle, and ~340W overclocked and playing BF3. When my 7970 wasn't overclocked, my Kill-A-Watt only reported ~270W while playing BF3. That seems low compared to other reviews I've seen, so maybe my Kill-A-Watt isn't reporting...
  11. S

    [H] users 7970 Overclock Results thread

    Oddly enough, I've never needed to use Mobility Modder. I was using the latest mobile Catalysts straight from AMD the last time I had Boot Camp set up. Maybe I'll play around with overclocking it. :) Back to 7970 chat!
  12. S

    [H] users 7970 Overclock Results thread

    fury: How'd you overclock your iMac? Also are you using it as your monitor for your 7970 like I am? :cool:
  13. S

    My experience from SLI GTX570s to single 7970 in BF3

    You seem really angry about this. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it depends on the map? I'll give Sharqi a shot tonight and see how it goes.
  14. S

    My experience from SLI GTX570s to single 7970 in BF3

    My experience mirrors yours, OP. I have my 7970 at 1200/1600 and performance is phenomenal. I leave it at the High preset for 2560x1440 and the framerate is rock solid. The Ultra preset is surprisingly playable as well, but I think the 4x MSAA really takes a toll at that point. The Ultra preset...
  15. S

    [H] users 7970 Overclock Results thread

    Sapphire 7970, original VID of 1.175V. I currently have it at 1200/1600 1.3V and temps aren't bad with a °C=%fan curve. It's super noisy but I play with active noise-cancelling headphones so I don't notice. Power consumption from the wall while playing BF3 went from ~260W to ~340W. Also this...
Back
Top