• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by StoicG19

  1. S

    NCASE M1 v3 Build Thread

    Thanks! The hottest I've had the 980 up to is high 70s (celcius). I can't really tell how much noise the 980 is producing. It doesn't seem loud, but compared to my old machine (four 180mm silverstone air penetrators), this new one is silent.
  2. S

    NCASE M1 v3 Build Thread

    Case: NCASE M1 v3 Silver (no ODD) Power Supply: Silverstone Tek ST45SF-G PSU Cables: Silverstone Tek PP05-E Short Flexible Cable Kit CPU Cooler: CRYORIG C1 w/ CRYORIG XT140 (non-slim) PWM Fan Case Fans: (2) NoiseBlocker NB-eLoop B12-PS 120mm Fan, (1) Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PE-1 92mm Fan...
  3. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Nice, Tschus! How are you liking your C1? I've been running mine with Cryorig's non-slim 140mm fan (set manually to max rpm), 4790K w/ turbo turned off and a NB e-loop 120mm blowing into that as well and am getting idle temps at around 32C. What are you seeing for temps? I'm on the fence about...
  4. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    This new cooler from ID-Cooling looks like a fantastic solution for NCASE M1 builds. No word on when it will be available yet, though. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/id-cooling-vapor-chamber-cpu-cooler,28422.html
  5. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Can anyone comment on the best fan setup for this case (position and direction of flow)? I have two 120mm fans and a 92mm.
  6. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Fantastic pictures and info, Tschus! For those of you who are planning a build with the M1, C1 and M7I (or M6I), the low profile 20 pin USB header adapter cable available at moddiy will allow you to plug your front USB in. The C1 (at least how I have mine oriented, hanging over the memory)...
  7. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Thanks, backfeed! Just processed my replacement on Amazon. Dang, that was easy! Will be posting complete build log detailing some observations, things to look out for, tips, etc. with pics on Monday when I have it all wrapped up.
  8. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Well, dang.. My Silverstone ST45SF-G started clicking wildly last night while playing The Forest. There was nothing sticking into the fan blades (at least from the outside) and the PSU was red hot. I gracefully shut the machine down, unplugged it and let it cool overnight. Plugged it back in...
  9. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Man, this is a tight fit with the GTX 980, Cryorig C1 and Silverstone ST45SF-G. I've ordered the short flexible PSU cable kit so hopefully that helps a bit on being able to bend and tuck the wires.. As is, I basically cannot move or hide any of the wires, whatsoever. I know that's not the point...
  10. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Thanks, Necere! I didn't even notice the PSU came with an adapter bracket. This is a huge relief. The C1 seems to be producing some decent temps (open air) during idle so far. It has been ranging from 28C to 32C idle and I expect that to drop a bit once the thermal paste settles (or that's what...
  11. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    I believe this is all versions of the M1. If you plan on using a graphics card, the Cryorig C1 will only fit in one orientation, which is with the overhang going over the memory slots. Unfortunately, this interferes with the SFX PSU. The only way this cooler will work in the M1 is if you use a...
  12. S

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Just in case anyone is wondering - I have confirmed that the Cryorig C1 will not fit in the M1 V3 with an SFX power supply (hits the bracket). This is a big bummer as I was really looking forward to this cooler. I'll be ordering a Noctua NH-L9I for my 4790K (not overclocking) and upgrading it...
  13. S

    Thinking about Emotiva Airmotiv 4

    I've had my Airmotiv 4's for two years now and I have been extremely satisfied with them. There is no comparison between these and the likes of cheaper speakers from companies like Logitech, Creative and Klipsch. I was thinking I would need a subwoofer too, until I turned them on.. With proper...
Back
Top