• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by steveotron

  1. S

    Dell U2713HM

    I had couple Catleaps that had issues and had to be returned. Aside from the defects, I thought the Catleap screen was really nice. I used to prefer glossy screens, but after using the PB278Q and U2713HM, I definitely prefer light AG coating now. The PB278Q has better AG coating than the U2713HM...
  2. S

    Dell U2713HM

    So after a defective U2713HM, PB278Q, I got my replacement U2713HM. Crosshatching is still a minor issue, but I've gotten over/used to it. I think the monitor would be perfect without it, though. Pretty happy overall, especially at the price that I got it for (around $500 straight from Dell with...
  3. S

    Dell U2713HM

    Aaaaand now Amazon has PM'd it to $559. Good for people who have no tax from Amazon and also don't want to deal with gift cards. http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2713HM-IPS-LED-CVN85-27-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B009H0XQQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354820487&sr=8-1&keywords=u2713hm
  4. S

    Dell U2713HM

    The $500 limit is on the gift card purchase, not the amount of gift cards that can be applied to a purchase. Ended up paying $500 for the GC and a little over $40 for the difference ($599+tax).
  5. S

    Dell U2713HM

    The promo gift card is now $90 with the purchase of a $500 gift card.
  6. S

    Why isn't my ATI 5770 compatable with 27" Korean monitors?

    I don't know why those sellers list the 5770 as incompatible, because my 5770 (Asus CuCore) has worked with every 2560x1440 monitor I've tested, including the Catleap.
  7. S

    Dell U2711 VS U2713HM?

    I used a U2711 next to the U2713 for a couple of hours once. The U2711's antiglare is atrocious, and I can't recommend it over the U2713 ever.
  8. S

    Dell U2713HM

    Amazon has price matched Costco, and they're selling it for 649.99 now. Good deal for people who don't get charged tax by Amazon and want a good return policy. It's temporarily out of stock (happens every week or so), but you can place an order and have them ship it when it's available. You'll...
  9. S

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Yeah, the service person I called automatically created a UPS shipping label for free, and I didn't have to ask for it. Although this was a good experience with Newegg, I have heard of a lot of people not getting free return shipping unless they ask (and maybe get a nice rep).
  10. S

    Dell U2713HM

    Wow, that's pretty good. Combine that with the $75 gift card after buying a $400 gift card deal, and it's an even better.
  11. S

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    I actually have to return both because they have dead pixels. I'm fickle and continue to debate between the two despite using both for a decent amount of time. I'm basically back at where I started and have to decide between the two again. I'll let you guys know what I decide, haha.
  12. S

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    The Dell *might* work with the correct HDMI cable, but I couldn't get it to work with the one that Asus gave me, but I'm assuming it's 1.4 since it works with the PB278Q. The Dell actually wakes up almost instantaneously when I move the mouse, and the Asus probably takes 2-4 seconds (it's a...
  13. S

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    It's black on white, green, red, and blue screens, so I think it's a dead pixel (there's actually two of them). I haven't experienced screen retention on the Dell, nor the buzzing that has been reported by others. My only real gripe about it is the faint crosshatching from the AG. I've...
  14. S

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    I always worry about giving people advice for large purchases, especially since it seems like my impressions have changed a bit after some use with the two. At first I thought the Dell had a really bad yellow tint, but then I started to think the Asus was overly "cool" (blue tint). I'm not sure...
  15. S

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    My experience is that the text on the Asus is finer and therefore thinner. When I lower the sharpness setting to 30 or 40, it's closer to the Dell.
Back
Top