• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by stealth wombat

  1. S

    League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

    Still a 3 minute delay as of Wednesday. If you join a game that has fewer than 3 minutes played in it you get a splash screen of the character select and a count down timer til you can join to watch. Also, I don't get all the "Darius is OP!" complaints, he has no sustain and no real defensive...
  2. S

    League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

    I've actually successfully talked down an invade in one game. I was solo top watching river to blue for our jungler when two of the opposing team showed up and said something to the effect of "awkward" in /all. So I just sat there and kept them both talking til our jungler had blue then wished...
  3. S

    League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

    I've thought about sunfire with an AP build, it would synergize really well with his W, but I haven't tried it.
  4. S

    League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

    I've played him a fair bit and do ok, not my best champ. I think a lot of people got too caught up in his passive and try to stack for move speed, but it's never worked out for me. I build him with boots 2 appropriate to the game, trinity force, frozen heart, BT, IF and LW, I focus on his Q...
  5. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    Me too, was quite annoying, thanks for the help!
  6. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    No, the ping was one hop and at 1ms. I just started reading everything I could about general network slow downs and found those two tips.
  7. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    OK, it looks like I've fixed the problem. I was reading and found that sometimes Large Send Offload in the adapter settings can cause problems, so I disabled that and set the adapter to full 1gigabit instead of auto negotiation and that seemed to have set things right.
  8. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    OK, went home on lunch and checked the drivers, everything is up to date. On a whim I decided to try directly transferring a file from the affected machine. It took about 4 minutes to refresh and then the transfer was a steady and crappy 14kbps. That might be my streaming issue right there. Any...
  9. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    Hmm, the router is new and the issue persisted with the old router, the mobo is new as well as all the cables involved. I will check for updated drivers when I get home and see what I can find.
  10. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    the problem computer can see and access all shared files on the other computers on the network. The other computers on the network can see, with slow load times the shared files on the problem PC, and streaming video or audio through VLC or Media Player results in the programs hanging and not...
  11. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    Yeah, the drive is shared and accessible, it does take a few seconds longer to load as you navigate directories across the network, but not locally.
  12. S

    Can't stream video from one box to another

    I've had the strangest issue lately and I just can not find a solution. I was having mobo issues with my previous build, toward the end it began not streaming video from it to any other PC on my network. I replaced almost everything but kept the media hard drive. Now, in the new box I...
  13. S

    Why Star Wars the Old Republic is better than any other game!

    I thought that the parts of the class stories that I saw were good. I also liked how some quests had two turn in points and you had to decide which to do (a light side and a dark side turn in). Like I said, it made me care about what was going on, and I've never done that in the last decade...
  14. S

    Why Star Wars the Old Republic is better than any other game!

    I'm also a bit shocked to see people complaining about the space combat mini game. I expected that because they had a similar mini game in KOTOR 1 and 2, I also expected pazzak and swoop racing, but there's always room for those in an expansion.
  15. S

    Why Star Wars the Old Republic is better than any other game!

    I don't think SWTOR is anything revolutionary in MMO's, like others have said it resembles WoW only because blizzard is doing so well with it, and that's what the investors want. I have been in a couple of the weekend betas and I have to say that I love the game. The graphics are fine for me in...
Back
Top