Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I have basically this exact problem going on right now in Vista 64. I tried your method of installing the monitor driver in the order you described, which looked promising, but upon system reboot the problem reverted back to normal.
Here is a list of the drivers I've tried:
- 181.20...
I used the profile both in the default Windows "properties" area and with the colorizer powertool, and nothing changed. Is this par for the course? Are the modifications so minute that someone who works with colors often would not see the difference? What am I missing here?
I received my 2nd panel (first had defects reported here) from Amazon (Harrisburg, PA) two days ago. I just set it up to test it last night. Here are my findings using Toasty's default monitor settings without the profile:
This panel has the polarizer
0 stuck/dead pixels
lagom gamma...
I RMAed my screen back to newegg due to port/reset issues we discussed here a few weeks ago, and even though the item was not refundable, it was out of stock so they issued me a refund anyway. I figure this gives me the opportunity to do a little more homework to see if there is a better option...
I have read a bit about only one port working with HDMI... which one is it? The DVI-D port? I RMAed my first monitor and should be receiving my second shortly, and I'd like to test this as accurately as I can without trial and error.
Few questions for you guys...
Does your panel reset some settings when it goes into sleep mode occasionally? If not, what do you think causes this problem?
When you look at your panel from the sides and see green or red, are those colors fairly uniform? I notice these colors, but in a...
All I can say is to make sure your eye fatigue is brightness-based. You can turn down the contrast to reduce the brightness basically to test this out. That's what I did, and it made absolutely no difference in fatigue levels.
Yeah, I doubt an image would make any difference at all. If you've experienced an out of phase monitor, everything looks right but still hurts... this problem is like that. I plan to see if I can use a friend's LCD for a bit in a couple days to make sure it isn't a personal issue just in case.
I'm not using USB, and nothing ever disconnects until the screen saver pops. Today the noise didn't happen when the screensaver appeared, but yesterday it happened 2 out of 2 times. I didn't get to the point where the system went into standby mode today so I don't know if that too is...
I have an oddity to add to my report/questions... Whenever my computer starts showing a screensaver on my new monitor, Windows begins beeping, not unlike but not identical to the "new hardware detected" sound. When the monitor starts to hibernate, the sound changes to the exact "new hardware...
It is everything in a hard to pin-down way. The inversion test shows a bit of flicker on the #4 images, and 3, 4a and 4b all have a red tint, which maybe is normal. That I don't know. It bears mentioning that those images do not always flicker, but the screen gets more "intense" I guess the...
I've tried placing the monitor anywhere between 3 and 4 feet away as my desk allows, give or take a few inches. It doesn't really seem to matter. I used all the settings suggested here, including the profile at first. I have not applied the profile since having the system built because I...
I bought one of these from newegg around the 15th. I set it up with the D-sub connection on an older video card until the rest of my system was assembled, and had hard to pin down eye fatigue issues. These were partially resolved by turning the phase down to 0, but now that I have it working...