• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by SquidAngel

  1. S

    Build log, Serah

    Actually, you're quite correct. I'm trying to find out if they've changed this for 5.0, but for now, 4 cards should be more than enough.
  2. S

    Build log, Serah

    Just found a local reseller of the M1015 for a very affordable price. Slightly more expensive than eBay, but local warranty is good to have. ;)
  3. S

    Build log, Serah

    As far as I recall, ESXi can only pass through two PCI(e) devices to a guest VM, which limits me to two cards. :(
  4. S

    Password protecting an external drive?

    Truecrypt showing two volumes is intended behavior as it is, for all intents and purposes, two volumes with one "hidden" inside the first. It's called plausible deniability and it's there for a reason. Also in regard to "dismounting", you should ALWAYS unmount your devices before pulling them...
  5. S

    Build log, Serah

    I'm not in the UK. I'm in Sweden. Buying from X-case would cost me about $700 in the end. I can't justify that additional cost when I have a case that works just fine for now. This is awesome advice. I am intending to expand past 16 drives. Part of my planning right now is to ensure that I...
  6. S

    Build log, Serah

    Yes, I do have plans to expand past 16 drives. Once I get to that point, a case like the Norco will likely be an option, but right now I can't justify that cost when I already have a useful case. :) Looks like something I'll have to look into then. I've worked with Solaris in the past, but...
  7. S

    Build log, Serah

    I've been looking at the Norco, but sadly it misses out on a few points. * It's a rack case. While this isn't normally a problem, I'd feel embarrassed if I also didn't have a rack to put it in. As I'm living in an apartment, a rack is not an option and it wouldn't be approved by my husband...
  8. S

    Build log, Serah

    Hi folks, new forum member here. I'm currently in the planning stages for an upgrade of my storage server. This time around, I've decided not to go at it completely on my own but instead post a build log and hopefully get some valuable feedback from other builders during the process. My...
Back
Top