• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by spotter

  1. S

    LG L246W

    yep, works perfectly.
  2. S

    Z68 (i5-2500k) / HDMI and my old LG L246WP

    prayers answered by http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037392132&postcount=1914
  3. S

    LG L246W

    ok, I'm an idiot (well, thom's instructions said "agent mode", it was staring right at me as "aging mode" in service menu.
  4. S

    LG L246W

    I've made progress. when attached to an older nvidia 7900GT (as opposed to the i5-2500k's hdmi) via a dvi->usb cable it detects the eeprom just fine, but then when I try to update, it gives an error that the "EEPROM may be write-protected or the cable may simply be too long". I've enabled the...
  5. S

    LG L246W

    as a followup to my previous message, I see thom's method of updating the edid via powerstrip, but when I try to use it, I get an "EEPROM Error" message from powerstrip. "An EDID EEPROM was not detcted on the selected monitor. Do you want to scan the bus for other EDID EEPROMs?"
  6. S

    LG L246W

    did you figure this out? I have same issue (including in bios) on my i5-2500k machine
  7. S

    Z68 (i5-2500k) / HDMI and my old LG L246WP

    So I've built a new machine, and wanted to be able to use the built in hdmi. However, this appears to be a problem. The screen is cropped (say about 1/8 of the left most side is missing, and I think a tiny bit on top) and it's moved (i.e. I end up with something that approximates a 4x3 box...
  8. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    so, to resurrect my thread. as have 4 disks, the raid is rebuildable. However, seagate replaced the 400GB drives w/ 500GB drives. megaraid didn't seem to like it. as I had 3.5 TBs of room unallocated on my linux raid server, I create an lvm partition, wrote the images to it (w/ the help of...
  9. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    in this case, I don't see how a hot spare wouldn't have helped. I have Disks 1-5 Timeline T1: Disk 2 dropped. T2: Rebuild started. T3: Disk 1 died w/ major problems even with a hot spare, if it the rebuild would have been to the hot spare, would have still had the same problem.
  10. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    I'm waiting on seagate to send me the replacement disks. I'm actually going to image the other 3 disks to make sure they are ok (And get some SMART data on them). Though after I recover the array, I might just get rid of them as a raid array and use the card for jbod usage, unsure I really...
  11. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    after a whole lot of effort, I was finally able to get one disk fully read with ddrescue! so now I have hopefully 4 good disks, will ddrescue the other 3 disks to ensure. now, hopefully I can force the array to be built. otherwise I'll have to look into the third party utility
  12. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    anything I lost that wasn't backed up, isn't "needed" (for instance, probably about 500GB of media center recorded tv shows). Its stuff that while not simply replacable isn't a great loss. Other things include stuff that I can get again, but will take time (it served as my local software...
  13. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    I'd argue I can be even smarter. I have 2 disks that are bad in different areas. I could do this 1) get replacement disk 0, image it w/ image made from original disk 0 with its 512byte bad block 2) place replacement disk 0 (imaged) and replacement disk 1 (empty) in raid array and force a...
  14. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    I have 5 drives. 3 are completely fine. 2 have problems. RAID-5 needs 4 disks. With 1 disk with one bad block that is reimaged to a good disk, I'm looking at worst at N*stripe width of corrupted data (assuming each disk eventually gets rebuilt with corrupted data), though more likely just...
  15. S

    raid5 issue (2 disks died, don't want to lose all data)

    I did. read my original post. I have a ddrescue made image of both drives where it so far has only bee unable to read 1 512byte block on each. I wont attempt to rebuild the disk before I dd that image to a new replacement disk.
Back
Top