Recent content by SpeedwayNative

  1. S

    Buy 3rd GTX 480 or wait for GTX 680 SLi?

    The GTX 680 release prob won't reduce your cards values by much, but it will cost more than $600 to own the 680 when it comes out :rolleyes:
  2. S

    I just got my 7970, was it a good idea?

    The 7970 clock speeds are amazing! I have CF 6970s and I'm slightly jealous ;)
  3. S

    rumours about high memory clock freq / volts adversely affecting sandybridge lifespan

    I have been running Mushkin 2133 Redline at 1.65V for quite awhile now, all while pushing my 2600K over 5.0GHz. I haven't had any problems yet. But, thats not to say that it couldn't affect anything down the road after prolonged use. But, I have been OCing the crap out of this CPU since I got...
  4. S

    Project: Aluminum Water Cooling Case

    This case is already sick looking. Can't wait to see the finished product! Subbed
  5. S

    For the Republic - A SWTOR Mod

    This is BA, can't wait for some updates!
  6. S

    Antec Eleven Hundred Case

    I have liked all the Antec cases I have owned, the 300, 900, and 1200. I like the looks of this case and the functionality! Nice to see them adding to the cosmetics after years of the same designs!
  7. S

    ASUS RMA is Ridiculously Horrible!

    IDK, about all of these bad experiences, and I would be equally as POed if I had dealt with some of the same situations as I have read here. But, my experience with ASUS RMA has been completely opposite, and one of the main reasons I have always bought from them! Just in the last 2 years...
  8. S

    Post PICs of your old cards!

    Wow, revenant that is an amazing idea/display! Very creative.
  9. S

    Artifacts and crashing out of nowhere?

    I would run a driver sweeper 1st and then reinstall the drivers.
  10. S

    How NOT to treat customers...XFX

    I have to disagree sam. I have had multiple RMA's with ASUS, MSi, and Corsair, and have yet to have a problem! Heck, with ASUS I get my replacement before I even send the defective GPU or mobo. I love the cross-ship option ASUS has on the higher end components :)
  11. S

    Quiet 6970?

    LMAO, ref 6970's are unreal when you crank them up. I have 2 6970's that I am putting under water, because of the noise those things kick out! MSI Twin Frozr is a good suggestion!
  12. S

    How NOT to treat customers...XFX

    idk about XFX, never dealt with them. But, I know ASUS is awesome to deal with and MSI is a close 2nd in my exp.
  13. S

    Are NVIDIA Drivers Still Better than AMD?

    I will echo what a few others have said...AMD has caught up with drivers! I run (2) xFired 6970's and 5870's before that, with no major driver problems! But, lately I have heard more users with Nvidia driver probs, which used to rarely happen ;)
  14. S

    Which high end video card?

    Since you are playing at 1920x1080, the difference between AMD's 2GB and Nvidia's 1.5GB of vram, is probably a moot point! If you are deciding between the 6990, (2) 6950/6970's and (2) 570's, then I would say it matters which games you play! If the games you play are better coded for the green...
  15. S

    Need Video Card Advice.

    I would go with the AMD 6950, the 2GB's of vram will help with the larger resolutions. I am a huge ASUS fan, their customer service is phenomenal! Plus if you plan to overclock, the ASUS cards will typically OC better than the competition!
Back
Top