I suppose I did, I was going off the original title that was asking essentially what the risers were used for (mining) which has very low bandwidth requirement.
Was just trying to say it doesn't have to be a dedicated mining board to be used efficiently.
I disagree, any board with at least 4 or 5 slots is great for mining still as long as its recent enough to have 4g decoding (iirc its z270 and newer).
That will allow the cheap 1 to 4 adapters to be used like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWPWDF8
A normal motherboard can provide a...
1) install the card directly in a pcie x16 slot
2) locate and install the dev driver without the limiter
3) either plug in a monitor or a dummy hdmi adapter
4) configure your OC undervolt settings
5) mine away at about 47mh/s
Problem for alot of folks is the 30 series cards are already almost comically long, the powerlink puts it off the end of the board instead of behind it.
Even in the example above you couldnt fit a powerlink in that sliver of space, but the 180 degree connectors fit.