• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by sorhol

  1. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    When trying to set publisher I get this message: The origin URIs for 'omnios' do not appear to point to a valid pkg repository. Please verify the repository's location and the client's network configuration. Additional details: Unable to contact valid package repository...
  2. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Thx Gea 🙏 I got it working now My older IP settings was still present and I got myself confused about the IP addresses
  3. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Thx Gea 🙏 However I get this message when doing "pkg install open-vmware-tools" pkg install: The following pattern(s) did not match any allowable packages. Try using a different matching pattern, or refreshing publisher information: open-vmware-tools I also thought I already had...
  4. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I have been happily running AiO Napp-it for years. I had to update a Windoes server VM and thought I would also do other updates I updated OmniOS to r151044 and Napp-it to 21.06a10 I tried to update esxi from 6.7u1 to 8 and I got a warning about not supported hardware which I suppressed. The...
  5. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Hi Gea, I was already on 20.007 I learned that my memory sticks was not installed in the correct order, so I changed it. I ran memtest86 for 16+ hours without any errors. So I recreated the pool and tested and immediately I got the errors again :mad: Fortunately I had a spare HBA, so I...
  6. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I have one pool that is causing my problems. Typically one disk is giving me IOstat errors and eventually the pool becomes unavailable. This is a striped pool of 4 consumer grade SSDs connected to a LSI-2307 HBA. The pool is just for temporary non important data. When it began like a year back...
  7. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I have now successfully upgraded to 151028 by importing new OVA. I am a little unsure whether to run zpool upgrade or not. I case I dont need the new features, is there any other benefits from upgrading? Once again - Thank you so much Gea for you always kind help
  8. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Thank you so much _Gea. I will go with the 151028 option since I have ESXI 6.7u1. Just 2 final questions: I will have to add users manually (I mean I cant restore the users) right ? This is the correct OVA file - zfs_vsan_omni028_esxi67v5.ova right ? I see this workflow: Remove VMs from...
  9. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I am trying to update from OmniOS 151020 to 151028. My update to 151022 went OK. When I tried to update to 151024 I was told invalid certificate. So I ran: wget -P /etc/ssl/pkg https://downloads.omniosce.org/ssl/omniosce-ca.cert.pem pkg update web/ca-bundle Now I cant update to 151024, I get...
  10. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    After updating to 17.01 free I get the menus meesed up in Chrome. Its OK in Edge. Does anybody know how to fix this? TIA
  11. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Is ProFTPD no longer working with Napp-it? I installed it but FTP does not appear under Services, so I cant enable it. I am running ver 16-07f.
  12. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    My new server is getting closer....:) Just a quick question - should LSI firmware P20 still be avoided? TIA
  13. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Thx Gea, Cant believe how easy this was... Esxi update and brand new Napp-it WM within minutes. Import pool and you are ready to go! I can see why there is really no need for mirrored bootdevice for esxi+napp-it
  14. S

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Noob question warning....:) I have finally decided to proceed and reinstall my home server as a Napp-it AIO. On my testserver I have version 15d running OmniOS v11 r151014 - I want to update this to the latest versions, but I am unsure how to proceed... Do I update first OmniOS from command line...
Back
Top