While I do agree with this assessment, I think it ultimately comes down to the fact that Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, HD Homatics, etc simply do the job better, faster, and the consensus is they also have a better UI. Compounded with the aforementioned, if you ever decide to rip, or "procure" proper...
I'm on Windows 11 currently running a 3080ti. I've decided to purchase a 7900xtx and I'm wondering what's the common wisdom on going from nvidia to amd? Can I simply uninstall the nvidia drivers then install the amd card, or do I need to use some third party tool for driver cleanup?
The real selling feature of the DP-UB820 is the great upcaling. If you have a modern high end Sony TV or have no interest in the upscaling capabilities, then there are far cheaper options that support HDR10 & Dolby Vision.
I think your disconnect here is the assumption that all plex users transcode. I use plex to playback my bluray collection rips. With plex I can playback full bluray rips in original quality and genuine losses audio which can be accomplished with several other apps, however I prefer the plex ui...