Recent content by snowbird122

  1. S

    Need new video card for older PC

    I have a PC with a MSI 785GTM-E45 motherboard. It has a PCI Express x16 slot (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant) slot. Can you recommend a video card that will work here and support Windows 8.1? This will mainly be a minecraft box. Thanks for your help!
  2. S

    New build for dedicated live music creation

    What do you think would be the right cooler for this setup? It can't be very tall since this is just a 2u case. Would the stock CPU fan that comes with the CPU be ok?
  3. S

    New build for dedicated live music creation

    Hey guys, Thanks for the interest. I play keyboards, guitar, and sing background vocals in a local band, and I'm hauling around a ton of gear. Although I have everything synced through midi, set list changes are unbearably painful because I have to go into 3 different devices and reorder my...
  4. S

    New build for dedicated live music creation

    Thank you so much. Can you tell me why you chose that motherboard and power supply?
  5. S

    New build for dedicated live music creation

    $900 is just for the PC.
  6. S

    New build for dedicated live music creation

    I need to resurrect this thread as I decided to go a different direction 3 months ago. I'd like to have this computer in a standard 2u case - maybe something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811165213 This will allow me to mount it and move it around pretty...
  7. S

    New build for kids computer

    Agreed. This is so helpful for people like me. I'm so appreciative.
  8. S

    New build for kids computer

    Just ordered everything. Thank you so much!!!
  9. S

    New build for kids computer

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Kids will be using this PC for Starcraft, Minecraft, Youtube 2) What's your budget? $600 all in 3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible. Seattle, WA area 4) What exact parts do you need for...
  10. S

    New build for dedicated live music creation

    Wow, I had no idea this Mini-ITX form factor existed. This is better than what I was hoping for. Yes, I'm willing to pay more ($731), and I really appreciate the information. The first thing that popped into my mind is where is the huge heat sink and fan that I'm used to seeing. The second...
  11. S

    New build for dedicated live music creation

    I'm planning a new build and I would appreciate your recommendations. This PC is not going to be used for usual general purposes. I plan to use it live, on stage, to make music. I plan to plug in my midi controller, guitar, and microphone, and do all the sound processing on the PC. I plan to...
  12. S

    New build for the wife

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Web browsing and streaming video. Lots of photo editing (Adobe Lightroom), Podcast audio editing 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? Budget is $800 including tax and shipping 3) Which country...
  13. S

    need low power video card

    He's trying to play steam games and the games are telling him the video card isn't capable.
  14. S

    need low power video card

    A friend bought a refurbed computer with a 280 watt power supply. We're trying to upgrade the video card, but all the cards we can find require a 300+ watt power supply. What will happen if we put a video card in requiring 300 watts when we only have 280? What else can we do? Here is the...
Back
Top