Recent content by Smrtko

  1. S

    Magical video card problems

    That was one of my original assumptions. However, I had tried it with a borrowed HD5670, and the PC currently works fine with HD6670, none of which use external power. Purely based on TDP the power consumption should be HD4650 < HD5670 < HD6670 so I figured my assumption was wrong.
  2. S

    Magical video card problems

    Friend decided to buy a new GPU which fixed the problem. I'll still try to fix the card since he doesn't want it anymore. I went ahead and ordered the capacitor(s), figured out that 330uF 16V I could get locally aren't rated for high temperatures.
  3. S

    Magical video card problems

    Yeah, I read the beep code section as well. However, it's not completely accurate since 1 long, 2 short can also sometimes indicate memory issues and possibly something else as well... I have tried it on two different LCD screens and one CRT, no change. Motherboard seems to be working fine...
  4. S

    Magical video card problems

    I've used his card in my PC for over a day, even ran stress tests. No artifacts, no issues. The only unusual thing was - my screen went black once for a second or so. My graphic card has been in his PC and I also ran stress tests there, no issues whatsoever. Help please :(
  5. S

    Magical video card problems

    Hello. I've been lurking for a while and I finally have a reason to post, however unfortunate. A technologically challenged friend of mine brought me his PC to fix. And it's magical. The issue: Display doesn't turn on. 1 long, 2 short beeps. The specs: Motherboard - Gigabyte...
Back
Top