Recent content by skoiboy

  1. S

    Dell U3415W discussion - 21:9 UltraWide (3440x1440)

    This seems to only partially fix the issue. It feels like Windows has a maximum resolution that can be set for the simulated set up. If you have something all the way to the right, it still gets pushed over. More eloquently said in the Microsoft thread: "The mentioned registry keys do have an...
  2. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    Has anyone played with the "response time" setting on these monitors? The default is set to normal which is 8ms and fast is 5ms. What are the advantages/disadvantages to changing this setting? Assuming 5ms is better, why isn't it the default?
  3. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    I was just curious if you had to go into the settings of any of those games to change the field of view to make them scale properly to the monitor.
  4. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    Nardeus, Did you have to change your FOV in any of those scenarios? FC4?
  5. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    Just curious how you have access to this pricing...
  6. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    If that's true, it's a very confusing way of writing the manual. It sure does look like it's only 60Hz with the HDMI, because that section doesn't specify HDMI only, it's mentioning all possible resolutions. Anyway, if you have the device and confirm, that's great.
  7. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    Check out the manual: http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_Display/dell-u3415w-monitor_User's%20Guide_en-us.pdf?c=hk&l=en&cs=hkbsd1&s=bsd Page 13 says: 60.0Hz* * Requires a graphics card that supports HDMI 2.0.
  8. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the manual is that 60Hz is only achievable with an HDMI 2.0 connection. DP 1.2 looks to be at a 50Hz maximum. This may not be an issue, but it's clearly due to the connections showing their age with the size of the monitor. If you add on the...
  9. S

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    With all the chatter about the connection issues, how do you all feel about waiting for the DP 1.3 monitors? It's clearly the future and weeks/months away not years. This Dell offering looks great but with the only "future-proofing" in the HDMI 2.0 connection and the challenges we're hearing...
  10. S

    New Prelude Driver Issues

    Well after praising the fast acknowledgment of the issue, I'm rather annoyed that after almost 3 months they still have broken drivers available. Anyone else?
  11. S

    New Prelude Driver Issues

    Just to follow-up, I just received the following response from Auzentech: <<Thank you for contacting Auzentech. The Develop team reported the problem you described. We are working on this issue and update the driver next week. We appreciate your support and feedback. Sincerely, >>
  12. S

    New Prelude Driver Issues

    Wow! It's such a pleasure to deal with a smaller dynamic company on issues like this. I had submitted a ticket and made this post (and while I'd guess I'm not alone) the situation has been acknowledged in a quick day or so. What a breath of fresh air...
  13. S

    New Prelude Driver Issues

    Yeah, I've done all the obvious settings I always do. I appreciate the suggestion though.
  14. S

    New Prelude Driver Issues

    After installing it try using DTS: Neo, then play a song and see if you can hear it out of your back speakers. For me there is not sound out of the surround speakers. This has changed from previous drivers...
  15. S

    New Prelude Driver Issues

    New Prelude drivers came out yesterday. I already noticed that with DTS Neo checked off it doesn't seem to produce any sound out of the surround speakers. Anyone else have this issue? All speakers are setup properly in Vista 32.
Back
Top