• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Sivarty

  1. S

    PG32UQX - Worth it in 2025?

    Let me know how it goes. The PG32UQX I had was also used and I had to return it either way due to an annoying fan noise. I might have kept it otherwise. Brightness is my number one factor. Motion clarity is nice with higher refresh rates and faster response time, but ultimately I play...
  2. S

    PG32UQX - Worth it in 2025?

    I keep debating giving up on OLED too. I have a PG32UCDM3 and it's pretty great but it's still not bright enough for me. I've tried 55" TVs as monitors and go back and forth on them. They're significantly brighter and look amazing for gaming and watching content, and it's nice to use 4K at 100%...
  3. S

    LG C5 42"

    I quite like this setup. I considered a 55" G5 as a monitor for a while but even with my 32" deep desk, it's not enough space. I wasn't sure that I would want to permanently wall mount it either. I imagine sitting physically further away is easier on your eyes too while still maintaining the...
  4. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    Dough as a company is not one I'd trust, but I have had no issues ordering their products directly through Best Buy. The actual products they make are quite good and decently supported. They just clearly have zero clue how to run a successful business and have pulled the same rug several times...
  5. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    There are several. Kuycon - https://kuycon.us/monitors - offers 32" 6K, 27" 5K, 32" 4K, 27" 4K, and 34" 1440p ultrawide all in glossy screens. The 5K and 6K screens are IPS Black with 2000:1 contrast ratios and between 450-600nit average brightness. Most are 60Hz with one at 75Hz. Alogic -...
  6. S

    PG32UQX - Worth it in 2025?

    Please report back once you’ve tried it. I’m pretty much in between trying the PG32UQX or going with the PG32UCDMR.
  7. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    Plenty of 27" 4K OLED monitors.
  8. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    Oh, I can make my room pitch black. It’s a basement office with no windows. I just don’t like using it that way. I prefer to have a lamp on at a minimum, but a few more lights than that typically. The LG G5 was the first panel I used that didn’t care how bright the room was, it was so bright it...
  9. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    I'm very interested to hear how you like it. Have you used a PG32UQX or XG321UX to compare it to the S-Tier Mini LED monitors? On a whim, I went to Best Buy today and bought the newer LG 32GX870A 4K WOLED monitor on sale for ~$900. It's been about 1.5mo since I've used a traditional monitor...
  10. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    It was the first display in a long, long time that actually wowed me and made me excited to sit back down at the desk. The size was so immersive and the brightness made every game look exponentially better. It was awesome to play games at the size and have them fill your entire field of view...
  11. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    That's an interesting monitor. Surprised I hadn't come across it already. I'm curious to know the quality of the dimming algorithm but have 2x the number of zones is a good start at least. The VA panel will hurt viewing angles but boost native contrast even more. For the price alone, I may...
  12. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    This is where I'm at with OLED. I've tested many of them and my consensus is that they are really good SDR monitors, even though they leave something to be desired with brightness. I still haven't been able to get my hands on a proper PG32UQX but I tested the LG G5 and now finally have an...
  13. S

    I am losing my mind!!!

    Which ASUS WOLED did you pick up and how does it stack up overall against your PG32UQX?
  14. S

    PG32UQX - Worth it in 2025?

    It's this the last part of your comment that I see many people say that sticks out to me. OLED has some advantages but HDR is objectively better on a good mini-led like the PG32UQX/XG321UG (not that OLED is necessarily bad). But I consistently see people say that HDR is the most impactful thing...
  15. S

    PG32UQX - Worth it in 2025?

    Does this create sort of a vignetting then? Hopefully it's not too annoying. I've had some monitors with bad vignetting (and OLED that do it sometimes as part of ABL and weird brightness changes). I find it rather distracting if it's bad enough.
Back
Top