• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by sicko

  1. S

    New AGP card for wife's computer

    lol ya know, I knew that but I guess I was just "quick on the click" so here's the list from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Category=38&N=2010380048+1069609639+106790809+1067924896&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48 and here is the [H] thread...
  2. S

    New AGP card for wife's computer

    I wouldn't even consider that card when the x1950pros are starting at only $30 more http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195029
  3. S

    Can GeForce 8800 output 1080p?

    what kind of 1080p signal are you wanting to output from your computer? are you getting an hd-dvd drive or bd drive? my ancient laptop with an ati 9600 can output 1080p (VGA connector) video to my 1080p TV by means of WMHD discs like Terminator 2 or downloaded content like movie trailers...
  4. S

    4 30" monitors-Dell says "No"

    heck with that low of res, you can run it on one agp card and one pci card. sad to see all that hardware go to waste at that low of resolution get 4 of these http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Bigcitydirect/items/item.aspx?itemid=530103 or...
  5. S

    Dell refurbished monitors

    I've bought stuff from there without issue.
  6. S

    Thoughts about the multi-display set from the movie Swordfish...

    correct. a Mac pro can run 8 30" displays. if you could handle analog for the 20s you could get away with two cards on a normal dual pcie16 board get a nice dual dual link to run the 30s and get one of these to run the 4 20s...
  7. S

    Thoughts about the multi-display set from the movie Swordfish...

    this was with one pcie card and one pci card. I couldn't handle looking up at a screen above eye level. too much neck strain but I really like the two 20wfps on the sides of the 30
  8. S

    9800 Pro and 1680x1050

    even an old 9250 pci card can do 1680x1050 through both the dvi and vga at the same time with current drivers.
  9. S

    7800 gtx vs. nvidia quadro 1400

    if he's doing 2d stuff in CAD, then the geforce is fine. If he going to do any decent amount of 3D work in AutoCAD then get the quadro (or soft mod the 7800 if possible) cards are either set up to push tons of textures and lighting (gamer card) or to push tons of polygons (workstation)...
  10. S

    Is this awesome configuration possible?

    :eek: I've been thinking along these same lines. the 8800 cards are calling to me but I need to be able to work with 3d models too. I guess I need to see if the 8800 would handle the stuff that I'm working on (x1800xt sure doesn't). If it does, then problem solved but I have a feeling that...
  11. S

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    not at all, the photos that I posted are of game play. If I could do screen caps, it would look a bit better, But what I'm saying is that once you have this game playing on a large 1080p screen, it will blow your mind.
  12. S

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    well, do get a ps3 but don't expect to purchase this game. they are not going to releas GTHD and the demo is only going to be around for a while. instead they will focus on GT5 which should be even more amazing. GTHD give you one track and 10 cars with 10 alternate "tuner" versions of those...
  13. S

    Would like some monitor buying advice

    wide screens do not stretch anything when it comes to image editing as long as you set it at the native resolution. wide is better because you have room for tool bars and palettes on the sides and more room for you image in the middle.
  14. S

    Would like some monitor buying advice

    no other suggestions needed. Dell 20s can be had for cheap and they look great. heck for $200 more, you could be keeping your eye out for a sale on the 24" 2407 1920x1200 goodness. if you want, get 2 19s.
  15. S

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    ooh, I wanna play. the westy 42 1080p 2-19s, 2-2005wfps, 1-2407fpw didn't feel like adding another video card just to get the other 19 up and running ;)
Back
Top