Recent content by sheesh721

  1. S

    Apple Ditching Intel?

    I really don't see this happening. Remember, when Apple went to Intel from PowerPC it was because Intel processors were better performing. AMD/ARM would be a downgrade. Too many people use their devices for photo, audio, video editing. It's the hippy editing machine. If you downgrade to an...
  2. S

    couple Vlan Questions

    I would just pick up a Cisco 3550 PWR from ebay for $75. Also Ubiquiti has 3-packs for APs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0ED-0005-00011&Tpk=Ubiquiti They require a controller which you can run as a virtual machine.
  3. S

    Is "hacking" essentially... (theory)

    Nope, hacking is using a computing system in a way that it was not intended. It's really that simple. The vast majority of hackers in the sense of what you're thinking about are just script kiddies using a gui based application they downloaded off the internet.
  4. S

    Best AMD CPU

    Your processor is fine. I would invest the money in a nice HTPC case and a low profile CPU cooler (if needed for case).
  5. S

    2U iStar Chassis $38 till 5/27

    I recently purchased this case off Amazon. Overall it is a great value. But here are some tips: 1. You will need a magnetic screwdriver to work within this case. I managed to do it without one, but it was extremely frustrating. I would imagine most people wouldn't be able to install the...
  6. S

    Low profile cooler for FM2 mITX

    I'm thinking of putting together a small server using an mITX or mATX bundle from Microcenter. Preferably I'd like to put this into a 1U case. Only thing stopping me right now is finding a small enough cooler for the FM2 that I could be sure would fit inside a case. I could go with a 2U mATX...
  7. S

    Warm/Hot Drobo 5N Network Attached Storage Array DRDS4A21 $469.99

    I have limited experience with Drobo. I have two units. First unit is a B1200i w/ 12 4TB drives & dual disk redundancy. Connected via dual iSCSI to a direct attached server. Writes seem to max out around 800-1200MB of data per second on sequential read/writes from the server which has 4 10k...
  8. S

    Worth upgrading 1090T to 8320/8350?

    That's not really fair in my opinion. AMD power usage is all over the chart and their TDP specs are a joke. When the publications were written they didn't know how much of a dog the Bulldozer platform would be or how incredibly low AMD would be underrating their TDP specs. Your board was...
  9. S

    Phone Upgrade time.....iPhone 5 vs Razor HD

    Yup, Apple tends to be a PIA with service on iPads, iPhones and iPods. Very strict on what they will support and overly priced replacement parts/labor compared to other vendors.
  10. S

    "Steamroller" and "Excavator"

    It is expected to have a 15% percent performance increase over Piledriver. It is up to you if you feel it is worth waiting for. I personally wouldn't wait a year to upgrade a CPU if I felt it was necessary now. There is always something faster coming out next year. That said the 965BE is no...
  11. S

    How to limit bandwidth per PC on network?

    EDIT: Scratch what I had. Do you have a box you could use as a firewall? Second NIC on a PC that's always running?
  12. S

    How to limit bandwidth per PC on network?

    What router do you have?
  13. S

    Simple CPU Question .... I Think :(

    If you have a Microcenter near you they have excellent pricing on the 3570K and typically comes with motherboard combo discounts. I agree the 2500k/3570k is probably your best bet. It is generally better than AMD for gaming, photoshop, etc and the better memory handling will help with your...
  14. S

    are there other web browsers for the ipad?

    Chrome and Dolphin HD are two free browsers that are superior to the Safari browser.
  15. S

    AMD, thank you for AM3+

    It has been debunked all over the internet. The chinstrap tool is a shill. http://www.overclock.net/t/1348126/fx-8350-better-than-intel/40#post_19023333
Back
Top