Recent content by Sharky974

  1. S

    XBox 360 Arcade with $100 promo code for todays gold box (Amazon)

    What does "gold box" mean? How do you get the $100 promo code? Will these be easily available or hard to actually get?
  2. S

    Walmart $100 gift card with xbox 360 purchase 11/07/09 only

    You have a point to a point, but to counterpoint: First you can get the 120 GB for about $135 most places I look such as Amazon. Second there is also the 60GB Live starter kit available for ~$89 as another option, which also comes with a headset, ethernet cable, and 3 months Live Gold...
  3. S

    Insignia 32" 1080P $400 @ BestBuy ($59 4 year warranty and 5% Bing CB available)

    Pretty disappointing that people are still getting excited for 32" no-name set for $400...I'm looking to upgrade from a old 27" soon and I was expecting to be able to at least pick up a 37" for that price, if not more or cheaper. Another thing people dont talk about much in the 720P/1080P...
  4. S

    Back for a return engagement: Dell Mini 9 for $194.37 + Tax & Ship

    4GB drive? Can you even fit windows on that?
  5. S

    So what windows program are people using to monitor CPU temps these days?

    I have a Q6600. Would be nice if the program was also useful in other ways, you know, just one of the standard OCing programs people use.
  6. S

    EVGA GeForce GTX 275 896MB $199 after $20 MIR

    The newest reviews seem to show the 4890 often beating the 285 even, especially in the most demanding games like Crysis. This is of the OC version, but note the good results even of the bone stock card: http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/sapphire_toxic_hd_4890_review/page4.asp Also the fact...
  7. S

    HIS Radeon 4890 $135 AR/EBM

    What is this ebill me thing though? Seems a bit shady.
  8. S

    eVGA GTX 260 Core 216 ...$130 SHIPPED! ($20 MIR)

    Gotta pay for that "free" healthcare somehow. Ugh, that's literally going to kill half the value of online deals.
  9. S

    BFG 285 OC $209 Bestbuy Clearance...

    Damn, they had it at my Best buy for 209, but gone :( You should have got it. You can sell it on ebay for 320 all day long if you change your mind. $100 profit. Free money basically.
  10. S

    Bfg gtx260oc 192pipe 124.99 at best buy ymmv

    Anybody have exact clocks on this? Core appears to be 590 but I'd like shader too. I have a 9800 GTX, my principle problem with it is the 512MB RAM is a bit dated. So even though this 192 core 260 wont be much faster, it might be worth it for the increased RAM. Considering I could probably ebay...
  11. S

    Couple of strange Crysis Warhead questions

    1, I downloaded and installed the 64-bit patch, right clicked warhead and play 64 bit DX10 per the instructions. I forgot all about 32-bit saves supposedly not working (as claimed in the release notes) and just started playing my old save. It worked fine, well I say that but the first time I...
  12. S

    Dumbing down for the 360

    Pretty funny since Carmack has said in the very recent past that the PS3 is the limiting factor in "every case" regarding Rage (meaning, graphically). And yeah, I can link that if you need a source. So I guess, the game was dumbed down for the PS3 in every area not related to storage already.
  13. S

    What can I expect to run Crysis at in 1680X1050 with 9600GT?

    Hnmm well I overclocked my 9600GT last night. It hit 750 mhz without any problems that I know of (this was as far as I tried to OC, so it might go higher). I ran a little "real world gameplay" bench with Fraps, just running along that first beach at night twirling and shooting. Un oced I got...
  14. S

    What can I expect to run Crysis at in 1680X1050 with 9600GT?

    What would be expected? I have 4GB RAM and Q6600 so that's not a problem.. Would a 8800GT be much better? So far the demo doesn't seem to quite run at high. I think it runs about 18-20 FPS, which surprisingly is just almost playable in this game. This kicked up to maybe 20-23 when I switched...
  15. S

    BFGTech GeForce 9800 GTX @ [H]

    Go away please. - Kyle
Back
Top