Recent content by shadewind

  1. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    To be honest, I don't really care that much anymore. The ACD is not worth the extra glare and the extra money and the lack of connection options.
  2. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    I've gotten used to it now and I don't think it's worth the money and waiting to go with the Apple display and the lack of connection options. Besides, I like to let sunlight in so reflections would be an actual problem.
  3. S

    Is the stand on your U2711 perfectly level?

    I've had my Dell Ultrasharp U2711 for a few days now and I really like it now when I've gotten past being annoyed by the antiglare. A question though, does the stand hold the monitor perfectly level in the topmost position? In the upper positions on my stand, the right side is about a...
  4. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    So I got the Dell today and I set it up with my MacBook Pro and I'm sitting in front of it right now typing this. My impressions: When the display is completely dark, the low right of the display is a bit brighter than the rest of the display. It changes when I move my head. Is this the...
  5. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    No problem! Nice to actually hear someone acknowledge that they should not assume so :) In any case, if the Dell doesn't work out I'll get the ACD.
  6. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    Over here it's a bit different: http://www.dustinhome.se/dell-u2711-ultrasharp-27-wide-tft-black/product/5010380195 http://www.dustinhome.se/apple-led-cinema-27-wide-hd-tft/product/5010471247?intcmp=searchProvider_dacsa...
  7. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    I ordered the Dell U2711 just now. We'll see if I like it. It's doubtful but in case I do, I get away much cheaper than with the ACD.
  8. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    How is the contrast of the S27A850D compared to the others I'm considering?
  9. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Dell is actually cheaper than the HP in Sweden.
  10. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    I do agree with you regarding illumination. I used to have my room pitch dark but now can't stand it anymore.
  11. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    Of course one can invert the color theme, it's possible in all but the most basic of editors. But I happen to like dark text on a white background. It seems a bit silly to say that the reason people take issue is that they're doing it wrong. Surely, a monitor must must be able to cleanly display...
  12. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    Backlight bleed might not be an actual rational issue but I'm a but anal about such things, especially when it comes to watching movies and such. I'm leaning towards getting the Dell and arguing that it's defective if the AG bothers me... I hate choosing stuff to buy...
  13. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    I checked out the ACD at a store today and the glare was pretty distracting to be honest. But the lighting in the store was also terrible so it might not be a problem at home. I wonder what poison I will choose...
  14. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    My main usage is programming with mostly bright background and dark text. That's a lot of text ;) I like to do the occasional bit of graphics and I watch a lot of TV shows. Of course, I use my browser as much as the next guy. All of this makes me lean toward the ACD.
  15. S

    Apple ACD 27" vs. HP ZR2740W vs. Dell Ultrasharp U2711

    I have nothing against AG per se, all my monitors that I ever owned have been AG, including the one on my MacBook Pro. The problem is that I've heard that the one on most 27" IPS is a whole different beast.
Back
Top