• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by sgtrobo

  1. S

    Wireless router range problem

    thanks a ton, it worked like a charm!
  2. S

    Wireless router range problem

    ok, so following this logic, then using a separate G-enabled access point cat-5'ed into my Asus (running N only) should allow my daughter's gameboy to connect to the G-enabled access point only, yes? In other words Asus RT-N66U = N only, connected to cable modem DIR825 = G only, connected...
  3. S

    Wireless router range problem

    so I got my Asus in now. My daughter has a wireless-G device. Does it make sense for me to simply set up my Asus as specified earlier in this thread, using the N-only, then plug my (now old) DIR-825 into it via cat-5, set it up as an access point, enable only G on that access point, and have...
  4. S

    Wireless router range problem

    ah ok, thanks.
  5. S

    Wireless router range problem

    fixed the quoted link
  6. S

    Wireless router range problem

    I'm sorry but I don't know what "ralink based radios" means. Does that mean I should get an RALink radio? I assume by "radio" you mean "router"? ok, so a WiFi adapter that uses these chipsets? trying to make sure I'm understanding everything here yeah, like yesterday, had to reboot...
  7. S

    Wireless router range problem

    well, I have 1, 2, 3, 4 laptops, a printer, a DirecTV DVR whole-house..."thing", a Samsung tablet, and 4 cell phones. :P is this another thing that the Asus will help with? Incidentally, just had to reboot the router as I lost internet. Signal never wavered, got a few spikes on my...
  8. S

    Wireless router range problem

    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Dual-band-wifi-card-supported-by-Y580/td-p/853565 yep, I was right. Lenovo Whitelist. lame. this laptop is totally outstanding otherwise.
  9. S

    Wireless router range problem

    [H]ard|Gawd is a truly appropriate moniker for you man, I so appreciate it. now, I notice my download speeds have noticeably increased. Is it a function of "one goes up, the other goes down" that my browsing speed is *slightly* slower, i.e. webpages take a moment or 2 longer to open...
  10. S

    Wireless router range problem

    that's some pretty awesome information. So right now I've been downloading at just under 2 Mb/s for a good 45 minutes or so since I made the changes you suggested. I was way low...like 200kb/s ish for several hours before hand. As soon as I made the changes, BLAM...hovering between...
  11. S

    Wireless router range problem

    so I'll post an update here of the pictures and such from the tabs EDIT - HOLEEEE SHEEETTT!!!! *jaw drop* jesus h christ man....omfg...seriously?!?!? THAT'S ALL IT TOOK? i was downloading some torrents before I did this whole sheebang. crappy speed, maybe about 200kb/s. Did the...
  12. S

    Wireless router range problem

    ok. no idea how to tell. :(
  13. S

    Wireless router range problem

    oh yeah, last dumb question for a bit I obviously want to get some 5.0 GHz adapters for the laptops downstairs to leave me alone with my 2.4 GHz band. How do I know what the heck to look for at, say, amazon like is this one good...
  14. S

    Wireless router range problem

    ok so if all clients support N, then disable G entirely N supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz, the 2.4 goes through walls easier, 5 is faster and less "crowded". N is good, if possible. If 1 client is NOT compatible with N, then I have to leave both G and N enabled, and the client that has to...
  15. S

    Wireless router range problem

    oh wow. so if I understand, it is best to "pick" either wireless G or wireless N, and disable the other one at the router? So if all of my clients support wireless N, I should disable wireless G, but if even one of them requires wireless G, I should disable wireless N (until I can update...
Back
Top