• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by sgb

  1. S

    backup of my zfs server

    If you want remote/cloud storage, I would look at either CrashPlan or Tarsnap. I suspect Tarsnap will be very expensive since it's Amazon-S3 based. CrashPlan offers a Solaris client and an unlimited cloud plan, but uploading 16TB will probably take a long time (they do offer a disk-based seed...
  2. S

    Modular server build, with SAS external enclosure

    This isn't quite the same, but I recently built a DAS enclosure for an old IBM x3655 I got cheap (2x Opterons w/ 16 GB ECC). While the IBM had 6 SAS bays, issues with the disk controller and backplane kept me from using it (no IT or JBOD support and a bug limits SATA traffic to 1.5 Gbps)...
Back
Top