Recent content by SeraphicalChaos

  1. S

    Galaxy Final Week of Christmas Give-Aways!

    Vault Sadly spell checking on Google b/c it didn't look right...
  2. S

    Vigilante Mob Wrongly Names Man as Killer on Facebook

    Welcome to the 21st century! Being a sheep via the internet has never been so easy!
  3. S

    RAM Drive

    I just wanted to say thanks for the advice guys. Have a wonderful day!
  4. S

    RAM Drive

    Interesting suggestion. Unfortunately I'm limited to a SataII MB, so I'll need to factor in a SataIII card. Out of curiosity, why the Crucial part over the OCZ revodrive?
  5. S

    RAM Drive

    @john4200 Oh wow... well beyond our price range, but very interesting. $200-$500 for this bandaid. Very informative! Thank you for the replies drescherjm. The million dollar question is: Will these revodrives perform wear leveling like this as well? I have read somewhere that this was an...
  6. S

    RAM Drive

    I had a feeling I was looking into something that just didn't exist. Perhaps I'm missing something here. What about the OCZ revodrive product line? That was our strong runner up should this prove to be a wild goose hunt. I was under the impression that the device was as close to a pure PCIe...
  7. S

    RAM Drive

    This is a tad embarrassing, but I can't give you the specifics you're asking for (because I do not know). The disk will not be so much for serving over the wire, as it will be used for internal (local to the box) processing. The server is running a few VMs, one being an NT4.0 VM running (a...
  8. S

    Suggest a good MP game for a group of co workers

    I had a good bit of fun playing Halo on the PC. I think that had (please correct me if I'm wrong) LAN/online multiplayer as well.
  9. S

    Poll Says People Can't Live Without High-Speed Internet

    Newp. The modem / phone plan we were on at the time didn't allow for anything that fancy. The worst was when someone in the house picked up a phone and started dialing out. I haven't raged like that in the longest time... :eek:
  10. S

    RAM Drive

    The machine is already well in use. This controller / disk will not be booted from. No OS will be run from it. It would be purely used for high IO performance storage. If the controller used DDR2, I think the cost could be kept low'ish. It's such a nitch product though... which makes me...
  11. S

    Poll Says People Can't Live Without High-Speed Internet

    Hah! It was definitely painful. Lord help the asshole who called during my Starcraft or Unreal session. :D
  12. S

    RAM Drive

    I've done a bit of searching on the topic and have come up empty handed. So... I'm branching out to see if any [H] readers have heard of a PCI-E RAM disk solution. Preferably I'd like to see 8-16GB capacity (but certainly won't scoff at more) with a large enough battery to support the ram for...
  13. S

    Game Consoles Eat More Power Than a Washing Machine

    If I'm reading this correctly... Hippies = Terrorists. :eek: GDI I KNEW IT!!
  14. S

    Busting 10 Top Myths About Technology

    This... was... dumb. I should have stopped reading at Geek Squad.. 5 minutes I'll never get back. FML.
  15. S

    Wireless Carriers Openly Considering Charging per Service

    Well if they do decide to go with this insane bullshit, I guess I will be branching out to another carrier... unless they plan on dropping the cost of their basic services and add these (I have no social life so I don't really care for them) on to recoup the cost. If they plan on just tacking...
Back
Top