Zlash,
Maybe your right about Symantec keeping Guardian Edge around for awhile. I personnally can't tell you whether it's underlying encryption technology is better than PGPs, but I have heard all kinds of stories from Guardian Edge users looking to leave because of hardware compatibility or...
marley1,
Truecrypt is open source and I am not sure they support RSA tokens. You might consider Upgrading to Windows 7 with Bitlocker as Bitlocker can be implemented with the key on usb. If the key is there it boots Windows normally. And you don't have to pay for the RSA token.
You will...
j-sta,
For what it is worth, I talked to my Beachhead Solutions rep and he said that Credant is the only vendor with a similar solution as theirs. So the reverse should also be true. He said that Dell is also a Partner of theirs. Dell Rebrands their product as Laptop Data Ecryption or LDE. I...
marley1,
As far as pricing goes, I think all the products price out about the same, but you have to take into account the server cost. none of the products seem to require much power on the server, but they can require SQL which has an additional cost. I am pretty sure that McAffee's Safeboot...
marley1,
The beachhead product would be the simplest method of supporting both old and new with a combination of EFS and BitLocker (where available) and the machines don't have to be on the domain. Self Encrypted Drives are also an option, if you are replacing hardware. You mix and match.
By the way, the rules are configured by the Admin and any destruction that is done is only by direct intervention by the administrator. most of the other rules will end in destroying just the private key, which quarantines the data so that nobody, even someone with the pasword can't access it...
jrdonnaruma,
In answer to your concern about hosting a security solution in the cloud, there is no data stored there, just the certificate server. If you have problems with a web based certificate authority, why has everyone been using certificates from Verisign and others for years. In the...
I would say that Beachhead would be the cheapest solution for 30 laptops. This is because you don't need a management server in-house. They are also easy to implement, because you can truly push it out via GPO or software distribution application. The initial encryption pass tyically takes less...
McAfee purchased Safeboot a few years ago and it is Software Full Disk. They don't have file-based encryption as far as I have seen. Safeboot and all other FDE solutions other than BitLocker and SEDs have the boo time issue. And since most offer single signon syncing to the windows password...
j-sta,
There is a company called Beachhead Solutions that provides an encryption solution that uses EFS as the encryption engine and its agent targets files based on file extensions defined as data and marks the folder that they are found in which thereafter encrypts any files or folders...