• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by SDM

  1. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    Ok, guess one last plea for help here. Spent a good deal of time trying to see if anything service or process-wise changed before and after sleep to no avail. Since I use an NVidia graphics card, I have always have EVGA precision set to run when Windows starts. On my I7-860 machine (also has...
  2. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    Hadn't posted on Hyper Threading, but have tried things with it disabled. No difference, same behavior differences exists pre and post sleep as with it enabled.
  3. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    Yeah, I could see the benchmarks don't show anything statistically significant, just a consistent trend (albeit quite possibly meaningless). The reason this bothers me so much is that the LTspice results are consistent, and there is over a 10% difference there. I use that program an awful lot...
  4. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    @ Falkentyne, I have tried disabling all power saving and sleep settings in the BIOS and in W7. No real effect/help. Setting W7 power profile to high performance does keep the CPU frequency from dipping below 80%, but actually seems to prevent the CPU from ever reaching 100% max frequency or...
  5. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    Ok some benchmarks, no overclocking: wPrime V1.55 32M Benchmark after sleep: 32.679 sec, 32.70 sec, 32.73 sec, 32.65 sec, 32.66 sec Best =32.66 sec Avg = 32.684 sec no errors wPrime V1.55 32M Benchmark after regular start up: 32.868 sec, 33.181 sec, 32.81 sec, 32.859 sec, 33.208 sec...
  6. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    Up for anything at this point, I will report back after trying some benchmarks you list (pre and post sleep). I do have HDtune installed and have ran tests with no errors or problems found. My hard drives are on the uneffected Intel 6Gb ports, the 3Gb ports only have optical drives...
  7. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    Yeah, don't think I'd mind it so much if that was the case :). Thanks for the links to the newer Real Temp and Throttlestop. Tried some experiments last night, found that if I just let the computer go to sleep and then wake it up, W7 resource monitor gives me full speed in Prime95, LTspice...
  8. S

    W7 Resource Monitor and i7-2600k problem

    Hello all, thanks in advance to anyone that can help. Hope this is in the correct section. I have built a new computer around the i7-2600K, my first build ever. Yeah I'm a noob at this, but learn very fast. A lot of great info was gleamed from posts here easing the build, thanks for that...
Back
Top