Recent content by Scatcats22

  1. S

    Buying Portable Laptop...

    1. I recently built a gaming computer. Now, I am buying a computer for business. I like the Acer C720. Most of the files will be on Google Drive, with some apps like Angry Birds. Should I get the 2GB with a 32GB SSD, or 4GB with a 16GB SSD. I will not install Linux. I will also not upgrade the...
  2. S

    Front And Side Fan Doesnt Work In Corsair 500R

    Edit: Now the two front fans dont work at all (read above) because they sparked when I plugged them in. I learned to not plug things in when it is running. I may have just blown the fan header, because everything else works.
  3. S

    Front And Side Fan Doesnt Work In Corsair 500R

    I did that also. I plugged in the 3 pin fan header for the side fan into the motherboard. The front fans dont fit. I tried fitting it in while the motherboard was running and the fans short circuited or something.
  4. S

    Front And Side Fan Doesnt Work In Corsair 500R

    They work... I am pretty sure the controller is plugged right, the controller could be defective. Should I RMA it?
  5. S

    Front And Side Fan Doesnt Work In Corsair 500R

    I recently built my computer... Everything works, except for the fans. I connected the 2 LED front fans to the side 200mm fan and plugged in the 4 pin fan controller to the Molex cable. Basically, I have the 2 front fans and side fan hooked up via to two wires. I have the 4 pin fan...
  6. S

    Build Suggestions

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.98 @ OutletPC) Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($64.78 @ Newegg) Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($67.99 @...
  7. S

    New Gaming Build

    Just a few things I saw... No need to buy a $200 motherboard when there are cheaper mobos for just as good. There is much cheaper memory that works just fine. The WD Blacks are highly priced. Another 3TB is just as good, especially with the SSD. While nice, the PSU is overkill for the...
  8. S

    Which 970?

    I originally wanted the EVGA, but now looking at that MSI. The Gigabyte Gaming G1 is $20 more, and I can overclock the MSI/EVGA for just as good performance.
  9. S

    Which 970?

    So I am buying the EVGA, thanks to all the positive things about it.
  10. S

    Which 970?

    So I am going for the MSI or the EVGA... I like that the EVGA has a free backplate.
  11. S

    Which 970?

    It is $200 more for only 10-15% more performance. I also found a Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290 for $320. I heard that is the best cooler...
  12. S

    GTX 970 vs R9 290 vs R9 290X

    Or for $320, I can get this Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X.
  13. S

    Which 970?

    So the MSI... The Gigabyte G1 wont work because it is a long card, and I will be using 2 Way SLI.
  14. S

    Which 970?

    I have chosen to go with the GTX 970. At first, I wanted the EVGA until I head issues about Coil Whine. Here are the 3 that I like...I am buying two (2) of them. EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked $350 MSI GTX 970 $350 Asus GTX 970 $350
  15. S

    40 vs 50 vs 55 Inch Display?

    As I said, I am going for the 40".
Back
Top