Recent content by Saxman924

  1. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Thanks for the great replies. I agree with the above post. You know those drywall anchors that always seem to fuck up and not work? Thats what this intel hsf is like but worse. So you wouls say go with the zalman over the arctic freezer then eh? My digital camera needs batteries cause...
  2. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Thanks guys for insulting my abilitites. This isn't my first build or anything. The hsf is on there. I have followed the directions exactly. I have good airflow in the case including a psu with a 120mm fan, a 120mm outtake case fan and a 80mm inttake fan. I don't see how the hsf could get...
  3. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Well I downloaded the bios update and went into the flash utility but it didnt work. I have no idea what is wrong with this. I hit update bios and it goes to a load screen and I press enter. Then it comes up with a warning saying do not reset or power off. That disappeers after 1 sec and...
  4. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Updating now...
  5. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Sorry about that. Gigabyte ds3.
  6. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    That's the thing though. That sucker is on there. No gaps. I am just lost as for what to do.
  7. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Yeah it is irritating. And I feel for anyone who has been through this stuff. okay so I figured out that if I press down on the hsf really hard the temp will go down to 47 withought the case on. The hsf is the issue. POS intel. Man I really am liking amd even if this chip is supposed to...
  8. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    ok somehow I have the system temp to 34 now when I closed the case and the cpu is hovering around 55. Man this is annoying. I have been having a lot of issues witht the hsf mounting. The plastic is so cheap. I may end up getting an arctice freezer 64 from newegg.
  9. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Okay I redid it for the 2nd time. I think there is an issue with the thermometer on the board. It says the system temp is 42 degrees. This can't be right! I'm just in bios for crying out loud. Ive got the cpu temp back to 60.
  10. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Man this is frustrating. I am using the cermatique arctioce silver crap and I followed the directions exactly. WTH is wrong with this? Plus I found out that one of my sticks of ram is bad so I have to RMA that. Man, what a bad day.
  11. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Using that at the moment...
  12. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Definitely not too much. There is barely any now.
  13. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Alright I did the prescribed method on the arctic silver website and the CPU temp rose to 70 degrees C. What is wrong with it!?@
  14. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Ended up using mineral spirits I had left around.
  15. S

    Conroe issues (temp)

    Alright, I dont have any rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. Can I use hydrogen peroxide to clean it off? Is there anything else I could use if that wont work?
Back
Top