• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Samwiches

  1. S

    Fan Control 101?

    I will just add a correction, that intake doesn't have to be at the bottom and exhaust does not have to be at the top. "Hot air rising" is not something in effect when there are fans involved, and case air isn't hot in the first place; it's barely warm and will go wherever you push it. Actually...
  2. S

    VR-Zone: Ivy Bridge high temps ARE caused by thermal grease

    Everyone does it, it's bullshit. It's monopolist fascism. Anyway, sure haven't seen a gimp like this before.
  3. S

    VR-Zone: Ivy Bridge high temps ARE caused by thermal grease

    Planned obsolescence and gimping your own products is not the right thing to do.
  4. S

    VR-Zone: Ivy Bridge high temps ARE caused by thermal grease

    ^Yes, I'm looking out for the way they attach the IB-E heat spreader. I think all you would need to do is remove the clamp, tape the CPU to the socket, then sand down the mount from a good air cooler that has plastic spacers. (Noctua, NZXT, others?)
  5. S

    Ivy Bridge OCing, and H80 vs H100

    Was your motherboard damaged by the Megahalems?
  6. S

    Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Personal Impression

    Longer test, maybe? You checked the ambient temp?
  7. S

    The Corsair Gallery

    Maybe, but Lian Li tends to be more solid. Most of these Corsairs are made with minimum standards, even the expensive ones. Here is a window I started. Windows are cool but my computers are usually on the floor, so I'm trying this out. I got the 300R for $55 NIB on Craigslist and the...
  8. S

    Post your chair

    I got this in a hurry on Craigslist and it turned out to be great. It's firm and fit and there's a lot of tilt.The arm rests are low but I have an adjustable desk that is perfect for it. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60185977/
  9. S

    best 8 gb ram

    2133? Easy. Try 1.425v 10-10-10-27 1T
  10. S

    Which Thermal Compound?

    Well, the Indigo stuff might be more like 1C better than MX-4. For about $8.00 Diamond IC7 and Shin-Etsu X23-7783D both give you 2-4 applications per tube. So MX-2 or 4 gets you the best value, cause it's about half the cost. But that's not a big deal unless you test a lot...
  11. S

    best 8 gb ram

    2133 w/ 1.41v for me with no trouble. Or they can run stock with about 1.20v if you want, no big deal. They're versatile. And almost no one has problems with them..
  12. S

    2600k->3570k

    Really I'm not sure what the cache and HT are worth between those two chips, but I would think about the speeds on a 2500K that begin to surpass a 2600K for whatever I would be doing and compare that to the clocks a lot of people have already on either IB. Then if I could expect an IB that...
  13. S

    Ivy Bridge Temperatures Could Be Linked To TIM Inside Integrated Heatspreader: Report

    And he didn't use a shim for the socket clamp? If that's why he says there HAS to be an IHS in place, then wtf. :rolleyes:
  14. S

    Any Advantage for LGA 2011 for gaming?

    Yeah, I understand the drawback about saving/loading the image, but I only play one game at a time--or one multiplayer and one single player at most. It's still early, but storage is going to be there soon. Also, I did try to give this guy a couple of ideas and the thread is titled for gaming...
  15. S

    SB or IB and Z68 or Z75/77

    Hey, what is the MicroCenter deal? They won't tell me anything at the store here. I heard about $50 off any motherboard combo but I don't need one at all.
Back
Top