Recent content by s1xty7

  1. S

    New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

    I just ordered this case and wanted to use my current 7970 with it. The thing I am curious about is not the length, which is 285mm and should clear, but the height. It is 135mm high (heat pipes), including PCI-E connector. I have been looking at other cards people have said fit into the case...
  2. S

    5670 1GB DDR or 2x 4890 1GB DDR5??

    I recently built a i5-2500k system and currently have a HD5670 1GB DDR3 card in the system. I happened across a Newegg open box buy on two HD4890 1GB DDR5 cards. I picked them up because they were so cheap but I'm wondering what the pros and cons of each setup would be. I have a Seasonic 650W...
  3. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    No pics yet. Sorry. After some use last night installing windows and office, I was able to check out some temperatures. I OC'ed my i5-2500k to 4.3GHz (no voltage increases) and upped the ram to 1600MHz. With the case closed up, system temperature was around 32C and CPU was 29C after all the...
  4. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    The sides have that sturdy steel feel. It has a sheet of some plastic-y stuff attached. All in all, it seems fairly solid. It's not super thick like the old steel cases of the early/mid 90's, but its far sturdier than an aluminum case. I've heard some mention the top panel feels a little...
  5. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    Man, that sucks about your case being damaged. I hope they take good care of you and get you a new one ASAP. I got mine in last night and got the pieces assembled (no OS yet). I've found a few annoyances so far. First, when installing the front case fans, I am using two Nexus (black and...
  6. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    I'll let you know my acoustic observations and case materials impression, but it's been a number of years since I did a full PC build and I don't have any real reference point to compare this to (I used to buy the cheapo $30 cases). One review I read after I ordered, which I thought did a good...
  7. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    I'll be sure and take some pictures and how well it fits with my setup. It's supposed to show up on Monday, so I might be able to post some by Tuesday or Wednesday (work and kids keep you busy). s1xty7
  8. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    I know this thread is a bit old, and I can't be the first one to have one here, but my P280 just shipped from US **IX for $112. I was going to go with an Antec 300 for this build, but I just happened along the P280 and decided, why not. It's taken about a week for my order to get to the...
Back
Top