• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by S-F

  1. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    I did finally get ESXi 6.5 (7 didn't work with my older hardware) installed. This project has taken the back seat for a few weeks while I got my garden up and running but now I'm back at it. Over the past few days I've watched a lot of videos and read a lot of guides. Right now I'm trying to...
  2. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Man! I don't know what I'm doing. I'm trying to learn. This is not my world. Otherwise I'd just use VirtualBox on some Windows install. I have been Googling for HOURS over days. I'm very grateful for your advice thus far. If anyone can point me to a guide I'd love it. I just want to make...
  3. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    I switched because I hit a wall in importing the NextCloud .ova and was just thinking that ESXi would be easier in that respect. Not so though. It doesn't even have drivers for my HDD controller. I'm happy to use whatever works and am happy to learn. I got stuck at the first command. I think...
  4. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Jesus! I went through a very painful process of downloading ESXi (The download button wasn't responding for me in any browser) and now it won't even load! I loaded the .iso onto a USB drive with Rufus and after the boot process I immediately see a screen that says "Remove media and press any key...
  5. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Yeah, I just got a second SSD for VMs. Server hardware has been rolling in to my house like a herd of turtles. Shipping is apparently overtaxed these days. I also have all of my RAM installed (64 GB) and 8 x 8 TB HDDs so I'm ready to go. I had already seen that guide. It seems like a bit of...
  6. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Yes, yes. How? How do I run a .ova?
  7. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Should I just use ESXi instead? That was my plan originally.
  8. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Yes. But a few posts up someone said that Proxmox now supports them. Is this true?
  9. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    I have Proxmox up and running. I got a second SSD for VMs. I have the napp-it .ova and my NextCloud .ova. How do I get them on Proxmox? When I Google "Proxmox .ova" all I find is complicated business. Can I just put them on a USB drive and import them? I'm sort of thinking that ESXi might be...
  10. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    I have a local and a local-lvm......... I think?
  11. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    I finally have Proxmox up and running. Now, how do I utilize the rest of the OS drive for VM storage? I only really need to install napp-it.
  12. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Ah. That's a good idea about the clones. And I'd love that script. I've watched some tutorials and it looks a little annoying. Thanks again for all the input.
  13. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    Beautiful! I'll just use an old Intel SSD for Proxmox, napp-it and Pi-Hole. I'll install Nextcloud and Colabra on the array. Thanks for all the great advice guys. Anything else I should be keeping in mind?
  14. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    I've heard that with Proxmox you can't install the VMs on the same drive as the OS itself. True? If so I'm going to have to get a new SSD just for the VMs.
  15. S

    Looking For Ideas On Server Software Architecture

    I haven't ruled out Proxmox yet, haven't really had the time to look into it. Here's what I'm currently thinking about doing: ESXi, a VM for Windows Server 2019 (Does Proxmox have the same hardware passthrough as ESXi? I absolutely need to be able to pass my USB ports to Windows.), a VM for the...
Back
Top