Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Thanks very much for your reply. Very informative, and yea I just used a regular coaxial cable laying around. I probably wont rma the card because it still has a 3 pin header for an optical out on the back of the card.
Thanks again
Yea the digital side as coaxial works flawlessly! Are the two signals mathematically the same as each other? Also is there a source I could just buy a replacement port? Digikey?
Does the optical SPDIF port glow red at all times? Mine fails to light up or give me any sort of digital out.
InB4 Flame: I don't use optical as my primary output, I just acquired a 7.1 setup and would like to test optical audio.