Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Meleniumshane90 & jasmineaura,
Thanks for your timely and well reasoned advice, I guess I'll just go with the laptop cooler plan and make sure the laptop's air vents don't get obstructed during use.
Although I'm a bit apprehensive about doing a reflow myself, I suppose there isn't much to...
Hi jasmineaura,
I've been thinking about how to better manage the heat issue in my XT5000 as well after I attempt a reflow repair (not sure if I'll try the heat gun method or get a rework station or see if a local PCB house will look at it for me).
Aside from better airflow using a laptop...