Recent content by rsutoratosu

  1. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Finally got this puppy working good on 2008 r2.. have a 4.5 tb partition through GUID partition (allows for >2tb). This machine does not support UEFI, so you can't make your boot drive a GUID Parititon which allows for >2tb. I carve 64gb of the raid for the boot and the rest in another...
  2. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    You probably dont want the p411... its external connector only If you have external enclosure, the 212 + memory will be good also http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/index.html
  3. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    I had a dual and quad port intel nic, but unfortunately they're x4 slots.. can't use them. trade off would be either a raid card or a nic card.. I got my raid 6 advanced pack today also.. thing is sweeet.. now I can get rid of my 1u server that eats 550w
  4. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Do you think using a intel x1 gigabit card would be better than the internal one ?
  5. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Scratch this idea.. the sas cable that goes to the back plane is like glued in.. non removable looks like ill need a p212 or p410 card first.. --- Found a spare p400 controller.. gonna order the cable while I sell the E500 (external only). Buddy just told me he works at hp and can get me...
  6. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    So I have that p411 which has 2 external SAS.. I can sell that or just get the external 8088 into the internal 8087 and route it in the expansion slot.. haha.. didnt think they made this.. but it'll look ugly.. i guess ill be ebaying off the p411...
  7. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Just got mine this morning, it looks like the backplane is just sata cables.. might be able to use other types of controller.. I have some 3ware that uses those 32pin sas cable that branchs to 4 sata.. ill have to test those out.
  8. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Forgot, is there an bios power on ? like auto on everyday at x:xx ?
  9. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Nice, ill see what I can grab.. a 212 or a 410.. I have other raid cards but nothing for internal port. I do have license for raid6 that I can use, but I doubt ill go 6, unless I got 5 drives on it. Maybe if I have an external port off one of the hp cards, ill put up a sas enclosure.. sweet.
  10. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Great, thanks for the info, I was also looking at the P212, is the raid 5 option on the cache card or its like the other raid card, software bios activiate ? The website says 256MB battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module for RAID 5, 5+0. but I wasn't 100% sure.. let me know, thanks..
  11. R

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    I have a p400 here but no microserver.. lmk if you get it to work, I would be doing the same setup..
Back
Top