Recent content by Robertix

  1. R

    [H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

    I only run cards with non-reference coolers, and the ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II stands out from its competition! DirectCU custom cooler for cooler AND quieter overclocking GPU Tweak to allow a novice overclocker like myself to maximize my GTX 660's performance safely and easily.
  2. R

    Corsair HS1 Gaming Headset Give-Away - 5 Sets Again!!!

    I use Audio-Technica ATH-D40fs headphones with a philips amp off my onboard sound. My microphone is on a Logitech USB webcam. The headphones and amp have served me wall over the years, but both have developed problems over the last year and need to be replaced.
  3. R

    Corsair HS1 Gaming Headset Give-Away - 5 Sets!!!

    I need to hear my games better because I have weak mid-frequency hearing and my current onboard Realtek sound card leaves me wondering what I am missing in my gaming audio experience.
  4. R

    Gaming build critique ($1k-$2k)

    My audio setup isn't super high quality by any means, just a set of audio-technica ATH-D40fs headphones and a philips amp. Given that my audio setup is many years old, I was hoping that the onboard SupremeFX X-Fi 2 would offer good enough quality. Realistically speaking, any onboard audio...
  5. R

    Gaming build critique ($1k-$2k)

    That is a good board and I have considered it, however it comes with standard Realtek onboard audio so a sound card would be required before it can be comparable. Perhaps I am over valuing the SupremeFX X-Fi 2 on the Asus board and I really should be shopping for a dedicated sound card regardless.
  6. R

    Gaming build critique ($1k-$2k)

    The only reason I am going with mATX is because I like the features and price of the motherboard. Case size is not a concern for me, but price is. If I could find a regular ATX board with the same features (LGA1366, SATA6, USB3, X-Fi 2, overclockable) for a similar price ($240), I would...
  7. R

    Gaming build critique ($1k-$2k)

    Thank you everyone for your feedback! With my build I steered away from AMD because Intel processors perform better in games clock for clock and, from my reading, it appears that AMD and Intel have similar overclocking limits (3.5+ to ~4 GHz). Therefore, as games get more CPU hungry, it is...
  8. R

    Gaming build critique ($1k-$2k)

    Long time lurker, first time poster. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc The machine will primarily be gaming with occasional web browsing (when I feel the urge to surf before/after/during a gaming session). 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping...
Back
Top