Recent content by robbh66

  1. R

    mac book pro

    I wouldn't expect to see quad cores anytime soon in a MBP. You're going to see a little boost in getting a faster model, but you'll pay a premium with it. Bare in mind that there's two different graphic options as well- one with 128MB ram and one with 256MB. You can save a boatload of cash...
  2. R

    FS: Mobo/Ram/CPU/PSU/Graphics Card

    There should be limits on this spam.
  3. R

    harddrive left out in freezing cold for week, still good?

    Freezer Trick You're right about pure water not conducting- it doesn't. However, dust on the HDD would contaminate any condensation, so it's best just to make sure it's completely back to room temperature and moisture free.
  4. R

    harddrive left out in freezing cold for week, still good?

    Coincidently, I have my HDD in the freezer right now to get it to freezing so I can retrieve data. I WISH i could turn my computer on in -15 conditions.
  5. R

    Hard Drive Died, need to recover data, help!

    Will the Freezer trick work on a Drive that starts clicking as soon as it powers up and spindles get to full speed or am i just SOL? Hammer trick? It seems like a hammer might be used to jar something free- I've just never heard of it. EDIT: Well after doing quite a bit of reading I've come to...
  6. R

    Usefullness of Twinx1024-3200ll 2-2-2-6 1T memory now

    Damndest thing i've heard in a while...keep two year old memory which is what, 90 in computer years? This has to be not only breaking the law of computers but the laws of physics...somehow...
  7. R

    Usefullness of Twinx1024-3200ll 2-2-2-6 1T memory now

    OK. So if I have BH5, it's better than what I can buy today? Is there any reason to ditch it for something else when i move to a (hopefully) dual core socket 939? I'm currently looking back on Anand to catch up on Hypertransport and this integrated FSB stuff (its messing with my usual...
  8. R

    Usefullness of Twinx1024-3200ll 2-2-2-6 1T memory now

    i'm at work now but i'm pretty sure i saw a 1.1 on there last night (that good or bad?). Its been a while since i've really dived into the tech of it but from what i've read briefly, they "dont make it like they used to" has never been truer and BH5 is old, but good stuff?
  9. R

    Usefullness of Twinx1024-3200ll 2-2-2-6 1T memory now

    Hello all- I bought some Corsair Twinx1024 - 3200ll with 2-2-2-6 1T timings over 2 years ago. Now i've decided that its time for me to bump up to a socket 939 SFF system, and so I've been doing a little research to see what it is i want to get. However, a lot of my research seems to point...
  10. R

    Free Yahoo 360 Invites

    rah [at] tamu [dot] edu
  11. R

    Is this the same air purifier? If so, I think its HOTT

    I worked at Sharper Image about 5 years ago (when I was 20) and picked up a couple at the employee discount (70% for Sharper Image branded Items). They dont take up much space, and are virtually silent since there are no fans (i took the damn thing apart- there are none). In my opinion, they...
Back
Top