I am using 64bit Windows 7 RC 7100 with driver version 6.12.8.17.38, DX works perfectly fine. I tried driver version 6.12.8.1747 but some game crashed on me.
LoL. Criccio, no offense but let me help you understand the situation. You (and maybe some people here) trying to convince Atech purchase "product A" because it sound great to you but actually, Atech is looking for something else, which "product B" works better for him. Do you see the problem...
Forget about X6, it has major design flaw. You can see my review on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109063 (The title is "Great idea (removable key pad), with BIG design flaw" )
I think you forgot what we discuss about. Not about z5500, not about the sound but about what you said:
This is the first time I ever heard and you have yet to prove what you said. You keep talking about the "standard" but yet to provide the fine line that define the "standard".
This is vague. How do you define "detail"? How do you define "expansive soundstage"? How much separation of instrument consider "good"? What about the placement? Also, can everyone ( I really mean everyone in the world) hear the "detail"?
The so-called "audio quality standard" from what...
Out of my curiosity, which 5.1 system that support 6 channels direct input better than z5500 in comparison for less than $200? I may consider to get one for my gaming system.
That's because audio quality is very subjective. The quality that meet a person's expectation doesn't mean it meet...
I never participate in any z5500 related thread but I read some of them. Don't get me wrong, I am 100% agree with you, z5500 is crap in terms of sound quality, period. But z5500 is target for different market and I am not sure why it is used for audio quality comparison.
I agree that people can get a good quality of 2.1/2.0 system for about $200 but I am not convinced that this is a fair comparison when both of them target different market. Especially when you say "5.1 is only good for very large rooms where it is difficult to make the sound come from behind...
Stay away from Microsoft Sidewinder X6. You can find out why it's bad from the review from newegg and amazon.
I am using Logitech UltraX and it's awesome for the price.
Diablo2K, do yourself a favor, don't get Sidewinder X6. I got it and returned it after 3 weeks of use. There are few problems on X6:
1. key blocking issue: when press and hold Ctrl and W, you can't press any other key. That's a big issue if you play FPS.
2. keys stop responding after a...