Recent content by roadiemike

  1. R

    Is Your PC Ready For Battlefield 3?

    If I may politely ask. Why are you commenting on this thread?
  2. R

    Is Your PC Ready For Battlefield 3?

    Automated "system check" tools have always been of dubious value. In this case, made even worse given the nVidia bias. General rules of thumb? perhaps.. Enough to prompt a wholesale upgrade? Hell no.. We all know that every painstaking detail will be researched before making a GPU decision :)
  3. R

    For Quad Crossfire of 5850, Corsair TX850v2, ANTEC HCG-900, our BFG EX1000?

    Ouch! $250 USD... Solid power supply for sure, perhaps even more so now given the princely sum you paid in Argentina. Make sure to have plenty of cable ties handy for cable management on that bad boy. I tell myself its therapeutic...
  4. R

    For Quad Crossfire of 5850, Corsair TX850v2, ANTEC HCG-900, our BFG EX1000?

    I said SOME similarity (caps for emphasis, that was not by accident). Yes, I'm aware of the OEM changes (CWT PSH vs. Seasonic) and didn't think it added a whole lot to the discussion given the OP's general question. My point of calling out SOME similarity was intended to point out that the...
  5. R

    For Quad Crossfire of 5850, Corsair TX850v2, ANTEC HCG-900, our BFG EX1000?

    I feel somewhat qualified to weigh in having multiple power supplies in our household. Including a couple of the named BFG-EX1000 and a 750TX which bears SOME similarity to the 850TXV2 and some Antec TPQ's, TPN's, etc. Between the precise three that you name, I'd go for the BFG because of...
  6. R

    MSI P67A-GD80 Motherboard Review @ [H]

    I can't help but feel apoplectic as I read through your experiences as mine have been largely the same - an Excellent review. I currently own a few P67 and Z68 motherboards (MSI and ASUS) and have to agree with your assessment of MSI's turdtastic BIOS. . Comparing my personal experience with...
  7. R

    H50 sounds like it has air in it?

    As others have said, perfectly normal behavior. The three H50's that we have in our household all made "gurgling" sounds when first installed but subsided within a matter of minutes of letting it bleed the air out on its own. I'd suggest plugging the 3-pin connector for the pump to a fan...
  8. R

    Is MSI RMA really that crappy...?

    Wow MSI really boogered up your RMA(s) badly. I might be in the minority, but I've succssefully RMA'd two boards (790FX-GD70 and a P67a-GD65 B3) and both were turned around in less than two weeks including transit time. - In each case, the mobo was replaced with a new one and even included a...
  9. R

    New from Antec: P280 and Solo II

    Thanks for posting. Do my eyes deceive me? or, has Antec finally implemented provisions to support a PSU with an intake at the bottom of the case? (fan intake with supporting air inlet and filtering) It appears so! Wonder if the prototype will be at all like what is eventually produced for...
  10. R

    Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

    Info on the Antec 620 is all in [H]'s full Antec 620 review and can be compared directly against the H60.
  11. R

    How many cases have you gone through the past year?

    I've got OCD when it comes to PC cases. Glad to see that I'm not alone :) Main Rig (1090T) Tt V9->CM Scout->CM Sniper->Tt Element S->CM 932 Wife's rig (i7 920) Tt Element S->Antec Mini P180 Work/den computer (Phenom II 945) CM 360->Antec Sonata->Antec Two Hundred Master Bedroom...
  12. R

    Antec P183 V3

    Wow, didn't know that an update was in the works. Thanks for the heads up! Here is a flyer from Antec that I found here A quick glance at the photos and the specs and it appears that they didn't do much of anything with the update besides add USB3.0 and the two SSD mounts (as you pointed...
  13. R

    Rocketfish RF-500WPS2 500-Watt ATX CPU Modular Power Supply - $25 Shipped

    The PSU may be crap, but the ^ post is:
  14. R

    Destroyer knockoff

    Case designs on the budget end typically bear a strong resemblance with each other because of relatively few OEMs that produce them. I have the HEC Blitz and for a cheapo case, it's not too shabby. * quasi new to hardocp. lost my login and email from ~10 years ago.
  15. R

    Unlocking a 555

    Do you have another board that supports ACC that you can try unlocking with to isolate the cpu? A long shot since you can even get the system to post but... consider boosting your voltage ~.05-.1v is safe and easy to try. * quasi new to hardocp. lost my login and email from ~10 years ago.
Back
Top