A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Thanks Brainbug for this info! It's an old thread but extremely helpful. I recently replaced the battery on my ARC-6120BA-T113 battery backup module (for the ARC-1880 raid controller), using a battery extracted from a Duracell 1850mAh Powermat bought off eBay. It's worked perfectly in...
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'd like to follow up on this. Has anyone else encountered similar issues with timeouts on the Areca 1882?
I still tend to get a timeout on one of the SSD's (not always the same one) every few months or so.
I have an Areca ARC-1882ix-4G-24, firmware 1.51, with 4x SSD's in RAID0 for the OS/boot disk.
The SSD's used to be 160GB Intel X25-M G2's and never gave me any problems. A few months ago I upgraded to 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD's, with a quarter of the space left as spare area.
After...
Thanks! Yeah the RamSans's are amazing if you've got the cash, and ZeusRam is a leading product for it's class. I'm looking on the cheaper side though.. Can do 4GB iRAM's for around $175 a pop (incl. new battery) and 8GB Acard's for < $400. For that kind of price point it seems like a...
Hi folks,
I'm looking for feedback from anyone using battery-backed RAM disks in the wild as a ZFS ZIL drive.
Both Acard ANS-9010 and Gigabyte iRAM devices seem to be available at reasonable prices now on the secondary market. I'm putting together a ZFS machine (running something like...